Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant100

Classic colors mod

Okay, I've got them all converted to dds files so they work in medium and low detail, but I'm having some problems with using the edited normalmaps I made in dds format. I see that they're in a different folder than the other dds files, but for some reason they don't work correctly ingame. I can't open up the default normalmap dds files, so I have no idea what's wrong. Basically, that means the normalmaps I edited for the Lost Soul and Cacodemon won't be in medium and low detail; the only way you can see them correctly is in high and ultra detail. Otherwise it's done unless anyone else has a suggestion, which I'm completely open to. I plan to upload them to d3files.com tomorrow, when they'll be 100% done. Anyway, this is just a simple attempt that I hope brings a better undertaking at bringing some of the classic Doom 1 enemies into Doom 3. Custom models should be fun when it happens. :)

Download Classic Colors Skinpack:
http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Classic_Colors_Skin_Pack;29404

And here's some updated pics of what the skins look like in normal gameplay (Minor level spoilers):
http://www.nextdimension.org/other/doom3/ccimp.jpg
http://www.nextdimension.org/other/doom3/ccpinky1.jpg
http://www.nextdimension.org/other/doom3/cclostsoul.jpg
http://www.nextdimension.org/other/doom3/cccacodemon.jpg
http://www.nextdimension.org/other/doom3/ccarchvile.jpg
http://www.nextdimension.org/other/doom3/ccmancubus.jpg
http://www.nextdimension.org/other/doom3/cchelknight.jpg

COLOR!! PRECIOUS PRECIOUS COLOR!!! HOW I MISSED YOU!!!

edit: why doesn't the mancubus have stripes?

BlackFish said:

The mancubus looks like a walrus now.

I am he, as your me, as he, and we are all together, see how they run, like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.....
I am the eggman
They are the eggman
I AM THE WALRUS! GOO GOO GAJOOB!!!

Now I got I am the Walrus stuck in me brain again, gotta love them Beatles.

YAY!! thanks Revenant100, this is great!

this with that "Old School Doom Sound Pack" on d3files will really help bring the classic back.. well, after i beat the game :)

well dont give up just cos your done ;) great job man! thanks a bunch :D

POTGIESSER said:

I am he, as your me, as he, and we are all together, see how they run, like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.....
I am the eggman
They are the eggman
I AM THE WALRUS! GOO GOO GAJOOB!!!

Now I got I am the Walrus stuck in me brain again, gotta love them Beatles.

Sitting on a corn flake

Anyway, really nice, gotta download this :D

Holy crap, that Mancubus skin is awesome. There's still something weird with the Caco's eyes (too small perhaps?), and the Hell Knight's lower area isn't brown enough, but that's an excellent job.

nice work! The pinky looks much better, I thought it would look horrible in pink, guess I was wrong.

I don't suppose your going to give the zombies green hair or is that an unpopular idea?

Revenant100 said:

None of the zombies have hair. I could put a green splotch on their bald head, but that would look even weirder.

Dear God, no. Spare me from the stereotypical green-skinned zombie, please. :(

(P.S: SKINS LOOK GREAT! :D )

Scabbed Angel said:

No offense, but these really suck.

The pinky has always looked like an uncircumsized penis, but this time it's actually a PINK pinky demon that resembles an uncircumsized penis.

No, I mean on a whole, they look cheap. The pinky is "rosy" colored rather than being pink, and the cacodemon just looks... sloppy. No offense, it just looks like a kid did it. One may have.

Scabbed Angel said:

No offense, it just looks like a kid did it. One may have.

Well I'm just a 15 year old soon-to-be-Sophomore doing this stuff in the dwindling free time I have left during Summer, but whether you define that as kid or not doesn't matter since I'd rather do without the sympathy. I never said this was going to be the best quality skin pack you could imagine. If I didn't make it clear enough before, that's the exact opposite I wanted people to think. If someone makes something better, download it, because I certainly will, unless you don't like that one either. I'm not going to make the childish remark "Then you make something better," but saying" these really suck" doesn't help me. I'm not an unreasonable person; if there's someone who wants to make a suggestion I'm completely open to it. Basically from the other feedback I've gotten, the Cacodemon looks stupid and the Hell Knight doesn't look that different. I'd like to fix these, but really the only way I could do that is keep changing them and release a new version of it every day until everyone is satisfied. That's something I wanted to avoid from the beginning, which is why I made this thread, but if someone wants to edit these and make them better, go fot it. I only wanted something good to come from this, whether people liked it or not.

Scabbed Angel said:

No, I mean on a whole, they look cheap. The pinky is "rosy" colored rather than being pink, and the cacodemon just looks... sloppy. No offense, it just looks like a kid did it. One may have.

Think you can do better? More skin packs, the better.

Revenant100 said:

Well I'm just a 15 year old ... etc

I'm sorry I was harsh, that was imature and not cool of me. : ( After dling them (and not judging from the pic) I would like to comment that the cacos eye is cool. Too high, imho, but well done. I appologize for being an ass, and commend you for your unusually mature behavior.

Hey, in case nobody noticed, the REAL Lost Souls are in the game!

In the beginning of the game, when Hell takes over the base, a few seconds after power shuts down and craziness ensues, the scientist passes out and guy inside the screen gets attacked thru the screen by a skull headed Lost Soul.

Right after this, when you re-enter Command HQ (or whatever) in the return trip thru the first airlock, you get a glimpse of another skull-headed Lost Soul.

Might wanna look into this, save yourself some work!!

Great work btw!

Revenant100 said:

Well I'm just a 15 year

Well you are a kid untill your 18. Anyway this game is 17+.

americangreen said:

Hey, in case nobody noticed, the REAL Lost Souls are in the game!

In the beginning of the game, when Hell takes over the base, a few seconds after power shuts down and craziness ensues, the scientist passes out and guy inside the screen gets attacked thru the screen by a skull headed Lost Soul.

Well those are the ghost skulls. The problem with them is that they're very small and slightly transparent. Also, I'm not sure if any animations could be properly used on them since they're only used during some scripted scenes. I did notice that the skins for the ghost skulls and the lost souls were set up almost exactly alike, though, so there's a possibility they might work. I'd have to look into how the ghost skulls are made transluscent though and remove that.

Fragger said:

Great minds think alike. I've been working on the same thing. Please take a look.

I sure like these skins... woah!

I really like this mod Revenant100. Nice job. I tried a bit of messing around with the caco skin. I reverted it back to the 6 eyes, but left them green (ie the right colour). IMO I think it suits the Doom3 model better (although I wish id had gone for the one eyed version instead). My version isn't really good enough to upload anywhere, but it may be an idea for someone with better skillz.

Sorry about the washed out gamma in the screen shot, that was down to PSP rather than Doom3.