Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A655321

An excellent idea for reskinning Dr. Betruger

At least I think so. You know who Betruger reminds me of?

http://www.google.com/images?as_q=&svnum=10&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=anthony+hopkins&as_oq=&as_eq=&imgsz=xxlarge&as_filetype=&imgc=&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

That's right, Anthony Hopkins! Normal mapping seems to be a bitch, but would it be relatively easy?

[EDIT] I decided to do it. Here is how it's going so far

http://img54.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img54&image=half_hopkins.jpg

A normal map is basically a model used to generate bumpmapped skins/textures off of. Why bother?

And it would seem as if yes, Betruger bears a small resemblance to Anthony Hopkins. But, Linguica has a point. Why?

Anthony Hopkins played Hannibal, as you probably know. In every other movie that's who he reminds me and many others of.

He would just make the perfect Betruger. There's no flaws with the current Betruger, I just think the face of Anthony Hopkins would fit the part perfectly and be a step up from the current one. The head is already in the perfect shape for him anyway.

It's far from necessary, but I think it would provide some incredible eye candy.

Well... If you want to generate a normal map that corresponds to every crevice and imperfection in Anthony's skin, feel free... lol

I think the Hell Knight normal map was upwards of 200,000 polygons or something, wasn't it?

We've had a lot of that, "Wouldnt it be cool if..." mod posts, i think a new rule should be introduced:

ONLY POST A MOD IDEA IF YOU ARE MAKING IT!

All these "I'd like to see..." posts from people with no intention of actually working on them are getting annoying

Don't give me your shit. This mod is beyond my talents, but I'm actively learning and working on things so at least I'm being productive in the community. Don't worry, I'm not a "Gimme gimme gimme"

A655321 said:

Don't give me your shit. This mod is beyond my talents, but I'm actively learning and working on things so at least I'm being productive in the community. Don't worry, I'm not a "Gimme gimme gimme"

Dude stfu, i'll have to go with the other guys here and say why do it? Why post the idea when "This mod is beyond [your] talents"? Learn how to do it! Post your results! Then maybe you wont get a load of "shit". No-one wants people throwing ideas in their faces, this board is full of it. People sayin crap like "I have this mod idea, anyone wanna make it?". Maybe instead of telling us what you'd like to do, go and do it. I want this sent to hell, but it won't be.

Blarg! End of rant.

Calm down.

A655321, I know exactly what your talking about, I thought of Hopkins the first time I saw the doctor. His voice sounds like him as well. I think ID probably modeled him after Hopkins, with enough changes to keep them from being sued.

I could swear they did. I checked the normal maps and if you stretch and skew the hannibal picture a bit for the features to match up, the wrinkles in the face are nearly exact. This might not be so hard after all, so I am doing it. It seems fine in 2d, but we will soon see how it truely looks.

[EDIT]Also, at the release of every game there are tons of "wouldnt it be cool if" threads, but the frequency will ease down in a couple of months. There's no avoiding it, so just wait it out. Like I said, I'm not useless and am investigating many tweaks I might like to try and add to the game.

[EDIT]http://img54.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img54&image=half_hopkins.jpg

Half way through. Of course I need to change some things though.

i'll have to go with myself and say STFU, so stop bitching, please.
while i agree he does look similar, there really would be no point to do it other than doing it simply to learn how. heh, i once replaced (reskinned) the head of the holo-lady in HL with the head of a girlfriend at the time. needless to say i found it boring and gave up after that, she did get a kick out of it.