Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibalpostman

have you played doom1/2 recently?

after playing doom 3(which i love, dont question it) i went back and played doom 2. And i must say, doom 2 is competing in levels of fun. sure it has worse graphics but the guns sound better and the monsters are plentiful. Doom 3 is beautiful but, it brings about this aspect of survival horror. theres already an entire genre of survival horror out there, called resident evil, and you know how they've been going.

anyway, go back and play doom1 or 2 and tell me which one you think will still be more fun in 2 years.

If I want to have "fun" then ill pop in Doom 2 or 1 over 3 no questions asked. I probably wont play doom 3 for another six months until the "experience" is new again.

Doomworld's Classic Doom "General" forum has more posts than all the Doom 3 forums combined.

I play them all the time.

cannibalpostman said:
tell me which one you think will still be more fun in 2 years.

They have both been loads of fun for ten years now... what are two more years going to change?

Uh I play one of the originals at least everyday, if not for editing reasons it's for the many pwads I have yet to play.

I play (or watch) some Doom every day unless I'm away from my computer. Normally pwads rather than iwads. I expect I will continue to do so for years to come.

I played through Doom 2 just a few days ago, now tackling TNT Evilution for a second time, then maybe I'll finally get through all of Plutonia (I was like to level 20 on it once and then deleted my savegame for some stupid reason...)

I can't wait until the doom 3 editing community gets on its feet.

But I dont hink anything will ever replace the feeling of the origional 2 games. I have to admit, though, that Doom 3 comes really friggin close. I was feeling nostalgia once the action picked up around Alpha Labs

deathbringer said:

I reckon i'll play Doom 3 once or twice, but i'll be playing the original two until i die!

perfectly said.