Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Santanya

Doom 3 SDK

So, this probably has been answered, flame away if it has. Does anyone know when the SDK will be released for Doom 3? All I've seen so far is 'soon after the release'.

Am I the only one that 'soon' will never be soon enough? ;)

You can modify so much of game via the .def files :)

I think if you explore the def's you should be pretty busy till the SDK is in your hands.

The def files are fairly limiting unless you are looking for minor tweaks (ex. minor weapon changes)

In some ways you can do more major things with changing shaders (such as a so-so cell shader replacing the current light shader). But really can't do much at the moment.

Cryect said:

The def files are fairly limiting unless you are looking for minor tweaks (ex. minor weapon changes)

In some ways you can do more major things with changing shaders (such as a so-so cell shader replacing the current light shader). But really can't do much at the moment.

Generally, yes, but there have been certain mods such as the unnamed "Flamethrower mod." (sorry, you'll have to search the forums for it)

Darkhaven said:

Generally, yes, but there have been certain mods such as the unnamed "Flamethrower mod." (sorry, you'll have to search the forums for it)

Hehe, I'm the author of that mod btw ;)

Just a question, anybody tried to compile the doom3 sdk with a free compiler yet? Or do it realy have to be a M$ Compiler?