Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cerebellum

Hellraiser Puzzle Box

but you had better have a region 2 or regionless DVD player. or set you PC to region 2. other wise it aint gona work. A regionless DVD player, i wonder where i can buy one?

Oh, yeah ... Sorry for not indicating the region issue.

I can see it's very difficult for "first-worlders" to obtain a region-free DVD player. Here in Peru, all the brands have two or three region-free models widely available (Sony, Panasonic, LG, you know ...). :)

-Cerebellum

Why the Hell do they have regions anyway? I don't see the point. The only possible explaination I can think of is that if someone moves from say Japan to the USA, they'll have to buy their entire DVD collection again (assuming they get rid of their DVD player), which is big money for the DVD makers I guess. That still doesn't make much sense though.

Danarchy said:

Why the Hell do they have regions anyway? I don't see the point. The only possible explaination I can think of is that if someone moves from say Japan to the USA, they'll have to buy their entire DVD collection again (assuming they get rid of their DVD player), which is big money for the DVD makers I guess. That still doesn't make much sense though.

Explanation. The part about discs being different for NTSC/PAL was not something I had thought about before.

As for this Lament Configuration, it seems very odd to bundle the first three movies. It would be much more logical to bundle either the first two or four. The first two deal with Kirsty and are a natural choice for a bundle, but the third one barely feels like the same series. It lost all of the 80's charm, threw a bunch of action scenes in the mix, and made Pinhead spew one liners every 30 seconds. The third and fourth movies fit much better together than either one does with the first two.

Knew it...money making scheme. Ah well, at least I live in the region where most movies come out first.

its is largly for money making, why to encode regions. however the PAL/NTSC is another minor reason.

i dont think they really sell regionless DVD players in the US. i am sure there is a law that controls them here. I have not seen on on display or for sale anyware. you most likly have to order them from another country. i see them advertised on SA at times

Well, you can eventually modify your DVD Player thru key combinations according to each model and each brand.

Try searching for this on the internet. There're lots of tricks, one of these to change your default region to R0.

-Cerebellum

I got a Region-free DVD player in Cambridge WHSmith for £50, heh

Pity i cant stand those movies, though i love 70's Italian splatter, i suppose thats because it's got a highly cheesy and funny atmosphere to it, Hellraiser is taken too seriously, not to mention idiot girls like it