Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Report paranormal stuff here

I just saw this at another forum. Someone who saw this was so scared that he stopped playing for a while. Did someone see this or something else unexplained?

It isn't uncommon to hear random noises in Doom 3...in case you haven't noticed yet.

Isn't that just a zombie sound? If there's a monster on the other side of the wall you can usually hear him just like in the original doom.

I also heard some strange 'pounding' noises. Everytime I heard that I believed I would encounter the Hellknight for the first time shortly after that, but nothing happened.

Sounds like a ghost haunting the armor shards. Nothing is sacred.

Another round of applause for the sound design.

When I was little I was scared of haunted games, when I saw or heard something I didn't recognize. But isn't the whole point of Doom to scare you? This was probably throughn in to creep you out

That 'female sobbing' noise is one of a few that play in various places. One of them says "help me...". It's all about the atmosphere.

And the eyes... you see random tings like that too. The game is supposed to be scary you know. ;)

I once opened a door to reveal a zsec about to blast my head to unholy hell, only to disapear completely leaving me rather confused and with one less shotgun shell. Don't know if it was supost to happen, but it was cool. :)

Relica Religia said:

A lot of the sounds were intriguing, to say the least.....I really would have liked to have met the woman whose baby they took.

I want pics of that woman and her baby..

if you think doom3 is really haunted... go talk to my mother, she would agree.

its called desgin, it is ment to do that. though i will say when playing SH2 i ran into a sound that just confused the hell out of me. in the hospital walking towards the basement you hear this sucking/kissing sound

DemonDemon said:

I once opened a door to reveal a zsec about to blast my head to unholy hell, only to disapear completely leaving me rather confused and with one less shotgun shell. Don't know if it was supost to happen, but it was cool. :)

I'd like to see that. Any idea what level you were on?

I took a really really big shit. I guess that means the scientists taught me a thing or two. Oh well time to get the bore.

Couldn't get the video to work on my work PC, but I could listen to it. It's not a zombie sound. It's more female.

It's basically one of those trigger audio sounds, meaning it's meant to play when you walk past a certain point. Like the "They took my baby" or sarge calling you on your com link. There's a lot of them in the game, and they're meant to freak you out.

I had a damn Zsec pop out of thin air right in front of me while exiting the crane thingy control room. Scared the shit out of me, but he got the worse of it. A shotgun blast and a "Take that bitch!"

Just to clear something up, I don't think that there's REAL paranormal stuff going on in Doom 3. I'm obviously referring to the strange events in the game itself, jeesh.

Jomero said:

Couldn't get the video to work on my work PC, ...

It uses the DivX codec. You can grab the free download from http://www.divx.com

However, it doesn't show anything but the player hoping over a box and getting some armor shards.

Oh crap. I just rewatched it. The video contains a set of eyes that ducks down behind a box. Then the player runs up to it to shoot it, and nothing's there. Awesome!

Thank's to whomever posted that DivX Codec. That's some scary shit, if I was that dude i'd walk right past that shit. It was probally some ghost trying to help him get some shard's though :D.

Heck ya! I now remeber seeing that too. It is as soon as you get out of the airlock (??) into Alpha Labs Sector 5. Doh! I ran right to it and started shooting. It was pretty creepy. The question now is: What it inteneded or jut a happy little bug?

Sheesh, I should look a little harder at these things.

Damn, I was so daft. I actually made direct eye contact with those "eyes" and I simply said to myself, "Hey, those electrical lights look like eyes," then I continued on my way through the level. D'oh.

Perhaps a dead human soul is trying to help the player by showing him where some armor shards are. It can either scare the player or cause him to investigate. Would have been cool of there was blood or some hole in the floor where the armor shards are, though, like it just escaped before you could see it. Er, but the yellow eyes are Wraiths, aren't they? :S

But this doesn't seem like the normal Doom 3 scare tactic, aside from random noises sometimes. This is like something you might see in Silent Hill, which is cool. :D

About the "They took my baby" part. It seems to only activate if you walk into that area before walking through the door you're "supposed" to go through. Either that or the script broke when I reloaded my save and went through that area a second time (Yes, the save I loaded was made before I visited that area to begin with).

insertwackynamehere said:

Monsters seem to disappear sometimes even if you don't kill them. That happens a lot to me.

I recall one of the monsters has the ability to teleport.

.dezire said:

Hmmmm... a ghost with neon eye implant's? :D

The only paranormal part of those picture's is the dude's fingers. They look like fucking hot-dogs.