Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mogul

The final verdict -- are headshots in mp or not?

I can't seem to find a definite answer on this. I've heard headshots are 200% damage. Can someone confirm this as fact?

AWP'ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 200%? Seems a little... well, like older games. That's a low enough multiple that some of the lighter weapons will still take a few hits to the head to kill with, probably.

Update: After some testing with a guy that barely had the skill to move around, let alone defend against headshots, I have determined that headshots, at least in the 200% damage flavor, are NOT in deathmatch. I was taking out 30 with a pistol headshot, and that could be in its damage ball-park, anyway.

Mogul said:

Update: After some testing with a guy that barely had the skill to move around, let alone defend against headshots, I have determined that headshots, at least in the 200% damage flavor, are NOT in deathmatch. I was taking out 30 with a pistol headshot, and that could be in its damage ball-park, anyway.

After testing with a guy who just stood there for ages, I found it took significantly less shots to kill him if I aimed for the head. With pistol or chaingun (the two weapons I tried), he went down about twice as fast.

In the same test I was running that I mentioned earlier, I noticed that I was taking out 15 when shooting the guy's foot, even though it was taking 30 out when I shot his face.

I don't know about other parts of the body, but yeah, it is apparent that headshots take out perhaps twice as much as a regular attack. Further testing needs to be conducted before this data can be considered absolutely conclusive though.