Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H4D3S

Doom without gore and carnage, can this be?

Hi, I`m H4D3S from evil Germany (remember the Land of Wolfenstein), just fun.

My first question is, are there gore und carnage in the Us-Game?
Are there screenshot missing in the US-version, seen bevor in several vidios und etc...? (sorry for my bad english)

I ask this because many of the german fans believe, there will be an cut version of the game for Germany. In the german version is no gore and carnage, but it is said, that US-version and german version where the same. This cannot be, can it?

Thx!

We have plenty of blood and gore. It's not even all violence related but I don't want to say any spoilers.

Many times other countries get bloodless versions of games. Usually someone makes a patch to turn the blood back on. I don't know if that would be possible with Doom 3 though.

I read that the German version was going to have all the blood, carnage and everything else. Right?

yep thats what i heard. well maybe you could order the american version.

last i checked the german version was 100% doom3

Doom3´s German version will be 100% Doom3, AFAIK.
The texts aren´t German either.
Only the package and manual will be translated.

If they let Doom3 slide, why the fuck not Half-Life, Wolfenstein 3d/RTCW or Doom2 w/ the nazi textures??

Mr. Chris said:

If they let Doom3 slide, why the fuck not Half-Life, Wolfenstein 3d/RTCW or Doom2 w/ the nazi textures??

I guess it's mainly that nazis are stereotypically german which is a dark part of history that they'd rather avoid. Or they see it as racial profiling that they brought upon themselves... I dunno...

Ermmm I don't think it's a problem to get Doom 2 in Germany.
I got a collectors edition that still had the original secret levels.

Sephiroth said:

honestly why did they fuck up half-life? i understand doom2, RTCW and wold3d

The Half-Life publishers fucked up the game (by adding robot skins and the like), trying to avoid the game being put on the index in Germany. It´s the same desperate strategy like re-colouring blood green to avoid indexing, which doesn´t help either.