Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arakasi

Doom 3 seemed okay before....

Doom 3 installed fine, but when I loaded it up, it had all garbled images for the menu text and the mouse pointer. I disabled write combining on my video card, because I was told that this could be the cause. After that Doom 3 came up with the 'Initializing User Interface' screen that precedes the Id intro movie, then I heard the sound playing for said movie but the screen still showed the other. I immediately thought 'Uh-oh!' and tried to Alt+F4 out. Nope. Ctrl+Alt+Del? Nope, nothing at all, I had to hit the reset button. After Windows loaded up again, I reset the settings back to exactly the way they were before, and loaded up Doom 3 again.... with the same result (after needing to reboot after changing the settings each time.) Please help!

I have: AMD Athlon XP 1700+
384MB Ram
GeForce FX 5200 Ultra 128MB
Windows XP Pro (w/ SP1)
All up to date relevant drivers and DirectX files.

If any more information is needed, just ask. :)
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It looks like your RAM is a bit lacking. You'll need at least 512 MB to play it, and at least 1 GB for it to run smoothly.

Ichor said:

It looks like your RAM is a bit lacking. You'll need at least 512 MB to play it, and at least 1 GB for it to run smoothly.

Nope, his ram should run just fine.. it's gunna be a little slow and choppy, but it will play. You just need to configure your video card to run it. :D