Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bastet Furry

Can you kill a cyberdemon with the soulcube?

Just a question, because i havnt got the chance to try it yet, i am at delta labs after being teleported.
Can you kill a Cyberdemon with the one shoot hit of a soulcube?
Would be somewhat lame, if.
But would end the battle within seconds.

Trasher][ said:
The Cyberdemon can only be injured by Soulcube shots.

Sehr viel schade.... ;)
Ok, then weยดll use the standard cyberdemon killing procedure...
*warms up BFG*

Endureth said:

It can only be killed with a soulcube.

-E

w00t!
I hope enough other monsters are around then or ill have a problem ;)

Bastet Furry said:

w00t!
I hope enough other monsters are around then or ill have a problem ;)

Heh. Don't worry. :-)

I found it way too easy. My suggestion to make it harder: Replace the gimps with Hell Knights.

As a public service I will combine all the broken messages in this thread into a compact, readable form:

<Sanity>

The only weapon that can hurt and kill the cyberdemon is the soulcube. He has 4000 hit points and the soulcube deals 1000 damage per use. This is based on another thread and might vary with difficulty (though I doubt it). You still steal his health even when it isn't a kill shot. Weak enemies appear during the fight you need to kill to recharge the soulcube.

</Sanity>

Well, I for one am glad that the soulcube is the only thing that can kill the cyberdemon. It gives the cube a purpose (other than sealing up the portal). But I would have preferred that normal weapons be able to whittle the Cyberdemon down, and just force you to use the soule cube to deal the final blow.

IMO this battle was an insult to the cyberdemon. They should have made it so like after 1 or 2 hits the soulcube falls down into the lava pit and u have to use regular weapons from then on (but not have the BFG at the beginning of the level where u load up before the fight)

Or at least made it HKs and Archeviles instead of the incredibly weak maggots and the too often seen imps. But no the battle consists of running around (the CD is extremely slow) in circles around the pit and one shot kills to kill the maggots and imps soulcube charged rinse and repeat 3 more times and you won. Despicably easy. The guardian was a LOT harder than the CD which is a joke.

Jomero said:

Well, I for one am glad that the soulcube is the only thing that can kill the cyberdemon. It gives the cube a purpose (other than sealing up the portal). But I would have preferred that normal weapons be able to whittle the Cyberdemon down, and just force you to use the soule cube to deal the final blow.

If you dont like it, change the script. ;)

And for the guardian... how to defeat that dude the non cheetah way?
I had to use give ammo 3 times.
Even tryed to BFG him down once... all ammo used and that beast still lived...
The Cube says to kill the seekers, which i did regulary... but this is a hard and tough fight.
If there where an avard for hardest game ever, i would surely give it to doom 3.

When i am back from vacation ill edit the scripts so that we are back to normal circumstances.
The marine is the hero and not the monsters ;)
Ill edit them so that it will be a blast fest like the classic ^.^
Then someone makes some models that work better with todays computers and we can make a hell revealed doom 3 edition that is solveable by the averge person that dosnt play games day in day out.

'nuff said, The Werelion!

Bastet Furry said:

And for the guardian... how to defeat that dude the non cheetah way?
I had to use give ammo 3 times.
Even tryed to BFG him down once... all ammo used and that beast still lived...
The Cube says to kill the seekers, which i did regulary... but this is a hard and tough fight.
If there where an avard for hardest game ever, i would surely give it to doom 3.

Um you aim at the blue ball. When you hit it, it turns red. It took a few tries. The time I killed it it went: Initial spawn, hit with 3 or so rockets, kill thingies, hit with 3 or so, kill thingies, hit until dead. I actually wasn't even hit on that try.

Caco-Puff said:

You relize DooM 3's models are only like 400 poly's right? It's all in the textures and lighting right now.

And why did my computer nearly dieed when viewing the guardian object?
My computer dropped to 7 fps(!) while running normaly at 20 to 40 fps, more 20 but thats okay for now ;)