Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cadaver

chainsaw modelled wrong?

so why did they put the blade on the lefthand side...every chainsaw I have seen has the blade on the righthand side. it would look so much better.

btw doom III is a fantastic game

Good question. Perhaps not only did the shipping department screw up the jackhammer order for chainsaws they're all left handed ones at that. Pretty bad luck for the shipping department. Someone's getting laid off when this is all over.

The modelled the chainsaw off a real chainsaw... there was a photo of it somewhere. So I'm assuming it's fairly accurate.

more importantly, who gives a crap, seriously. the model of a chainsaw is not precisely how it should be, lets have a huge discussion about it. wow.

AirRaid said:

The modelled the chainsaw off a real chainsaw... there was a photo of it somewhere. So I'm assuming it's fairly accurate.

Can you possibly give us a link? *begs* Pleeeeasee? I don't think the one above ^ is the same tool as the one in Doom 3, but I could be wrong.
Don't know why they modelled it left-bladed in the game though, but someone will probably mod it.

Start up your original Doom, Doom guy is Left handed. Look at his hand holding the pistol. Also, watch the reload action on the Shotty in D1, than watch it in D3. In D1 the weapons are centered and go up and to the left when reloading. In D3 they sit off to the right and up and to the right when reloading.. BUT.. he's now Right handed in D3. Use his Fists in D1, he throws the left first, Use his fists in D3, he throws the right one first. Also, look at the pistol in D3, he's holding it with his right hand now.

Something weird i saw when watching the D1 reload, it looks like DooM guy has 2 left hands.

Either way, the chainsaw was probly modeled that way, because DooM guy was originally a lefty, maybe nobody at id caught that.