Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scrufdog

ATI Shadowing problem - half dark half light

i looked around ont he forums and didnt find anything that looked like the same problem...

when im watcing animations everything is 'split' for shadowing. As in, the human characters are split down the middle of their bodies, one side is lightly shadowed, the other half is heavily shadowed. I've noticed it on some of the scenary too.

Im running med at 1024.

3.06Gz HT intel
1gig ddr-2700
ATI Radeon M9 Mobile 9000 series with 64m of ddr-2700

By anychance have you turned off some of the options in the 'Advanced Options' under 'System'?

Seems to only occur when I turn those options off.

I am running a p4 2.53 w/ a 9200 and a gig of ram the only thing that fix my problem was running in medium quality! use the system scan and see were it lands and see if that fixes it! I can change the res and the advanced option w/ no proplem, but once I went into High Quality I got the split texture look!

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4587.html

This explains it perfectly. I have a radeon 8500 and discovered this on my own. I was having problems with overbright specularity, and this weird split issue. You'll need to turn on normal compression. Yes the bumpmapping will look a little more compressed but the specularity will look right and the split lighting on the characters will go away.

Oddly enough, this should be enabled already in Medium setting. You can leave it at medium and just follow the instructions. There's 2 possibilities for the image_useNormalCompression. 0 = off, 1 = 256 color compression (if available), 2 = rgba compression.

hey all

ohk i was playin doom 3 just fine then tea was ready so i turned it off and had my tea loaded it back up and started to play then i noticed the guys were half and half like the texture on one side was normal and the texture on the other side was dark and i can see the seem down the middle of the model of all the guys in the game ... anyone know how to fix this or has anyone else got the same prob

i have a 2.4ghz 512ram and a ATI Radeon 9000 128meg

cheers :)

Got the exact same problem. I've used every tweak in the book and nothing changes it.

Incidentally, I've got the same comp setup as you. That probably has something to do with it.

Its just flippen stupid how one min its fine and the next min its half and half STUPId FLIPPEN! ATI's!!! i wonder how many other ppl have this problem hope they can get a fix for it its kind of drivin me up the wall