Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlexGalaxy

Spider Mastermind

Recommended Posts

Ok....I was wondering if anyone knew about if there is a Spider Mastermind in the game, because i kept seeing pics of it online and it looked badass. But i beat the game and i did not encounter it. I just think its a little odd.

Share this post


Link to post

Ya i realized that mustve been why it isnt in the game. As you can see in Todd's interview at doom3.com, it is the SM, but it wasn't used in he game. I don't understand why, because the SM is the final boss in the orignal DooM game. O well.

Share this post


Link to post

Someone sent me a flame e-mail (someone from this forum, I think their name was sherryl or something like that) because I said I would have liked to see the Arachnotron or the Spider Mastermind in D3. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post

Dunno why you'd be flamed for that. Some demons are obviously bionic (like pinky) and there are obviously lots of spider-ish demons. An arachnotron or SM would make sense.

But I am glad SM was not in the game, because if he was he probably would have been the final boss. And he just wouldn't have fit with the tone of the game. But him as a near-final boss would have worked, as long as he wasn't REALLY the one who "masterminded" the whole thing. I like uh.... (this is the non spoiler forum, right) the uh.... other "thing" better (and I am not talking about the last boss you fight, but the last "thing" you see in the cutscene).

Share this post


Link to post
FlexGalaxy said:

the-return.de/pic/enemy/spider.jpg

im pretty sure thats the SM


just like alexz721 said its nothing but art..

sure they got rid of the SM, but think of all the cool new things they added, people only seem to be focused on whats not in the game instead of what is in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Jomero said:

Dunno why you'd be flamed for that. Some demons are obviously bionic (like pinky) and there are obviously lots of spider-ish demons. An arachnotron or SM would make sense.

But I am glad SM was not in the game, because if he was he probably would have been the final boss. And he just wouldn't have fit with the tone of the game. But him as a near-final boss would have worked, as long as he wasn't REALLY the one who "masterminded" the whole thing. I like uh.... (this is the non spoiler forum, right) the uh.... other "thing" better (and I am not talking about the last boss you fight, but the last "thing" you see in the cutscene).


I dunno, it would have been cool to see it pop up after the Cyber demon or even before it.

Share this post


Link to post

If I had the skills I would animate a spider mastermind in there. Hopefully if they creat an expansion they add in the mastermind, new SP hell levels, new deathmatch levels as well as new mp modes, etc.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah would be cool if it was in the game.

In the origonal it was the hardest of all enemys because you couldent dodge the bullets.

Cyberdemons on the otherhand never killed me because the couldent hit me once.

Overall they should of had the SM in the game as well as the arachnatrons.

Also what a about Nightmare imps from DooM 64 I thought those were a clever idea. I mean whats worse then fighting something barely visible?

Share this post


Link to post

I am hoping that there will be an expansion pack for doom3.

Although its unlikely, it would be cool if the spidermastermind and the arachnotron were in it.

Share this post


Link to post

I think an xpak is very likley and the SM double shotgun and water will all be in it :D Gotta do earth after all. If not an xpack then doom 4 but I would prefer an xpack to enhance the doom3 we have.

Share this post


Link to post
incubusspawn said:

I think an xpak is very likley and the SM double shotgun and water will all be in it :D Gotta do earth after all. If not an xpack then doom 4 but I would prefer an xpack to enhance the doom3 we have.

Well, it's already been announced that there will be no more going back on old game ideas so I think a Doom 4 isn't likely. :D

When I saw the art of the Spider Mastermind years ago I was dying to see it in action. :D

Share this post


Link to post

good mods are one thing but we would love to see an official SM/Arachnotron in an official addon, wouldn´t we? id is doing a completely new game next, they´ve already started it. So maybe they will hire another start up company to do the xpansion pack, just like they did with Q1/Q2.

-Nobody seems to miss the Pain Elemental, btw :D

Share this post


Link to post

never heard of the cacodemon's brother in awhile. yes the pain elemental is another one of my favs. wonder hwat he wouldve looked like in the new doom world?

Share this post


Link to post

I didnt mind the Pain Elemental, but too many of them got me so angry and annoyed.. but i loved it when the one in the level The Pit (doom 2, the one in the hallway.. ya.. take a guess then) would not be able to shoot anything, i would let him follow on my quest, he was my pet

Share this post


Link to post
DOOM Anomaly said:

Well, it's already been announced that there will be no more going back on old game ideas so I think a Doom 4 isn't likely. :D

When I saw the art of the Spider Mastermind years ago I was dying to see it in action. :D


They say that while quake four and return to castle wolfenstien 2 are both in production, don't hold your breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Jordan said:

I didnt mind the Pain Elemental, but too many of them got me so angry and annoyed.. but i loved it when the one in the level The Pit (doom 2, the one in the hallway.. ya.. take a guess then) would not be able to shoot anything, i would let him follow on my quest, he was my pet


Was this a bug? Can you expand aa little bit more on this one please?

Share this post


Link to post

If I am not mistaken, when the Lost Soul limit is reached, Pain Elementals cannot fire any more until Lost Souls are killed to give space for more.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×