Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BrokenArrow

High Quality Settings? Should mine work?

Ok, I am running an AMD Athlon XP 2200 CPU, 1 gig of PC2700 Ram, and a GeForce FX 5900 128MB card (not ultra, not XT, just plain vanilla 5900). I have nVidia's latest drivers and DX 9.0c. Now the game runs great at medium quality, but when I try to set it to high quality at ANY resolution, I get about half way through the level loading screen then kicked back to the menu screen. Anyone else having this type of issue? My AA and Anisotropic filtering are set to Aplication Controlled in the driver (and no AA in game). Activision support says 128MB cards cannot run it in High quality period. I know this is BS because many sites have reported benchmarks with 128MB cards (tomshardware had a 128MB 5700 ultra running at high quality for instance). Granted the CPU they used on their system is better than mine, so could it just be the CPU that is preventing me from running in High quality?

maybe it is a cpu thing. I have AMD 2500+ & 9800 Pro 128mb & 1GB ram . I can run it on High with everything on except AA. Timedemo 37.5 fps (1024x768)

in game it plays ok for the most part but ive seen it drop to 20fps :/

I would think it more likely to be a graphics setting, have u tried taking specular effects off? (in system>advanced), strange u would think it would still run it eh?

BrokenArrow said: Activision support says 128MB cards cannot run it in High quality period. I know this is BS because many sites have reported benchmarks with 128MB cards (tomshardware had a 128MB 5700 ultra running at high quality for instance). Granted the CPU they used on their system is better than mine, so could it just be the CPU that is preventing me from running in High quality? [/B]

hey guy, the 5700U that they are benching with is 256MB.

anyway i run mine on high (8x6) and it plays fine on a 9600XT 128MB (43.5FPS demo) so it a bunch of BS.

make no mistake about it they are trying to sell cards. 9800pro 128 and 5900 128 both play high fine.