Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rebornhero

how many have beaten doom 3?

"What the fuck were you expecting, a parade or something?"

lmao... well, i was expecting more clowns

well that was only because the night before i beat it i woke up from a dream laughing because there was a clown in my bed...

but after i beat it that following morning i woke up crying, because there was a dead clown in my bed :`(

"What the fuck were you expecting, a parade or something?"

like did you ever have those dreams when you wake up laughing and then you look over and find a clown in bed with you?

Then what about those dreams where you wake up crying, and then you look over and theirs a dead clown in the bed next to you?

the ending was kind of like that

What? How do you guys beat the game ALREADY? I been playing Doom 3 on merine setting for 2 DAYS straight and only just started level 2! This is a BUNCH OF CRAP? Do you guys CHEAT OR USE WAREZ CODES OR SOMETHING? GODAMM! I think it is to hard now cause I got to restart CAUSE I KEEP GETTING KILLED CAUSE I SWITCHING THE FLASH LIGHT TO GODAMM GUN!!!!!

And you guys say you BEAT THE GAME already? FUCK! I don’t believe you! AND ON VETERAN!!

Disco Inferno said:

And you guys say you BEAT THE GAME already? FUCK! I don’t believe you! AND ON VETERAN!!

There are some hardcore gamers around here (I'm not one of them and I admit I find their skills quite impressive). Please refrain from badmouthing people just because they're better than you are.

He wasn’t badmouthing 'anyone' per say, he was just unnecessarily screaming vulgarities off the top of his lungs in a public spectrum, because using curse words is the only "social taboo" that he’s learned to measure levels of astonishment and importance with.

Veteran difficulty isn’t that hard, as long as you quick save a lot and have a basic knowledge of fps game logistics, ai “click the things you don’t like until they go away” Plus the games been out for a week and a half it wouldn’t take an fps enthusiast more then 2 full days of playing to get through any recent fps game, now days at least.

Here's a tip:

F5. It's the quicksave key. Use it before you run into a dark room with your flashlight.

Recruit, Marine and Vet working on Nightmare now...

I must say it is getting boring already heh. To easy to know where the creatures are.

I finished it yesterday, bought it on the day it was released. Played it through on Veteran, probably took me 50-60 hours to finish, but I like to take my time and enjoy the show.
Sweet game, looking forward to some user made stuff now.

I beat Veteran Mode the same day my game came in the mail -6 hours from 3pm-9pm. Took me a couple of days to beat nightmare which was a bit more challenging. The only problem was that the game was designed to keep you from using your deathmatch tactics and more patience and ammo conservation, and I totally defied that. :+

There is no alternate ending for nightmare, sorry.

Oh, did I mention the strategy guide and beta experience?

Disco Inferno said:

What? How do you guys beat the game ALREADY? I been playing Doom 3 on merine setting for 2 DAYS straight and only just started level 2! This is a BUNCH OF CRAP? Do you guys CHEAT OR USE WAREZ CODES OR SOMETHING? GODAMM! I think it is to hard now cause I got to restart CAUSE I KEEP GETTING KILLED CAUSE I SWITCHING THE FLASH LIGHT TO GODAMM GUN!!!!!

Save alot and I have an 8 button mouse and a weapon on 6 of the 8 so I never have a problem with what weapon is whipped out lol, I beat it on marinie in 2 days, on vet in 3 days, now trying nightmare it like the way I play anyway take a hit reload.

BTW I dont reload often : )

I beat the game. Spent five days on it, because:

1. I deliberately played slowly to get the most out of the game.

2. I suck at anything remotely puzzle-based, so, for instance, every situation where you had to find something that was hard to find delayed me quite a bit.

3. I paid close attention to the story, carefully listening to every voice log and reading every email (yes, including the spam to get the joke).

4. I didn't play the game constantly. On occasion, I'd take a break so as to not squander the experience by playing while worn down (affects my skills in a bad way and I hate when things go badly in a game).

I supposed if I stopped paying attention to the story, stopped looking for every single ammo piece and every "secret" I could find and played constantly, then perhaps I'd beat the game in two days - but that's just not fun and I'd rather enjoy the game the way it's meant to be enjoyed.

Most of the people's here think this is a timed contest! WTF?

Do you people go to Blockbuster, rent a movie, and fast-forward through it?

I don't care how good you are, powering through the game quickly is (ironically) a waste of time.

Now I know why people think it's not that good...they "beat" the game rather than "play" it.

PiTiFUL and dsm, I concur with what you two wrote, you seem to be playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

Back to the topic question:

I haven't finished yet. Been at it for about a month, play about an hour per day on average (generally a level per night) plus tweaking, and occasional multiplayer. Should be to the end in a week or two, no hurry. Looking forward to Nightmare!

Deception said:

Most of the people's here think this is a timed contest! WTF?...
I don't care how good you are, powering through the game quickly is (ironically) a waste of time. ..
Now I know why people think it's not that good...they "beat" the game rather than "play" it....
I haven't finished yet. Been at it for about a month, play about an hour per day on average (generally a level per night) plus tweaking, and occasional multiplayer. Should be to the end in a week or two, no hurry. Looking forward to Nightmare!

Man, I totally agree with you there. I took two weeks to beat it on the medium difficulty, what is that Marine level I think? Basically I played through at least a level a day trying to observe as much as I can. To admire the specular, normal, and bump textures. To participate in the creepy-ass, downright frightening occurances ("hey over here" guy, bathroom mirror, room turning red tricks, "took my baby" ghost, etc, etc...) Throughout the game I tried to get a feel for the level, took screenshots, replayed fun parts to optimize my ammo usage, read all the pda's, looked at the incredible monsters models and animations, used the teleporters to grab each and every scrap of ammo and armor in delta labs before going to hell (and losing everything anyway:( ). I just basically enjoyed the experience.

I betcha you guys who flew through the game didn't get scared by the slouched-over guy in the chair after the first teleport. You didn't notice the irony of a dozen boxes of chainsaws and one empty box. You don't know what the Billygoat Burgers logo looks like. Didn't see any bloody footprints, magazine covers, or other inside jokes strewn throughout the game.

I'm Namco and I can proudly say that I took 2 weeks to finish Marine, and am barely at alpha labs on Veteran after two weeks! :-D

I agree. I fairly powered through most of my first blast through the game. Now I'm taking it slower and more methodical, and it's really freshened up a lot of the gameplay.

BlueSonnet said:

Just beat it today ^_____^

Me too using the Nitrogore mod, so I was forced to spawn zombies in order to charge the Soul Cube because the initial demons do not disappear after killing.