Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C}{rono}{unter

TLSXCTF is coming....

Hey all!

C}{rono here with some good news:

THE LAST STRIKE EXTREME CTF IS IN ITS FINAL STAGE!

Simply put, this means we are having a beta test today on Zdaemon CTF with 16 players. The beta test will begin between 3pm and 4pm Pacific time. The final beta will be uploaded to the TLSDM webpage with a link to download (http://www.chronosdoomsource.cjb.net). Please beware that this site DOES have ads and pop-ups and shit. So fi you do visit, please use a built-in pop-up blocker, or you can use the direct link to the file here: http://www.angelfire.com/games3/icedoomclan/TLSXCTF_beta.zip

I if have not made myself clear, this beta test is open to ANYONE. The final project will be released tonight on Newstuff, and the final version will be uploaded to the website I mentioned above.

Hope to see you guys there!

I can't get at the file...even by copy/pasting the link or by visiting your site first.

Otherwise I'm up for it...providing I can learn how to get into online multiplayer in less than 2 hours...

(it would be nice to test out my new 300K broadband on this, and also to play the wad in the proper conditions before I review it)

edit: got it now. Plus ZDaemon 1.06 and IDE 3.5, are they the right versions for this?

Finally, time check: you're starting in around 90 minutes, right? (as of the time of this edit)

BlackFish said:

Soon skulltag will have zdaemon ctf supports so wee!

What's the difference?

Nononononononononono, that's not it.

Right now, there is currently no standard way of making CTF maps.

For ZDaemon, you put down keycards and particle fountains for red and blue starts and flags respectively. Also, you need a Player One start for exploration and a Deathmatch start for where spectators spawn.

For Skulltag, you put down Red and Blue flag things and Red and Blue team starts, plus temporary starts for selecting teams. Plus you need ACS to handle the actual gameplay.

However, in the next version of Skulltag, you will be able to create a CTF map just by laying down red and blue spawns and flags. The old way will still work, but the new way will allow ameteur mappers who are intimidated by even touching ACS to make maps quickly and easily.

The next version of ZDaemon is going to migrate over from the key system to the same system Skulltag uses, with identical thing types to skulltag. This was agreed upon by Danni_ (Hellmaster Fibri) and Carnevil. ZDaemon is going to ditch our old method completely, but considering that there havn't been THAT many CTF maps made for ZDaemon (and 85% of them are in the ZDaemon CTF Map Packs, which, incidently, I organize), we are going to go ahead and convert now as opposed to later. The next iteration of the CTF Map Pack will use the new system, and in addition have every single old map converted to the new system (as well as place a few new features and fix a few bugs with the origionals.) I will also make a custem Doombuilder configuration for ZDaemon to reflect this change.

This is very exciting, as I am a major CTF nut, and would like nothing more than to be some sort of gold standard that both source ports can use, so we don't have to choose sides when making a CTF map.

TLSCTF is the first 'real' non official ZDaemon CTF megawad, and although I dislake the plasma placement, the maps themselves are great, espeically MAP07.

I agree, Alex. This new method is going to be great. We've created a universal CTF map standard that any port can take advantage of. Plus, it's really easy to use :)

I've always had this question about the way CTF is set up in Zdaemon. Don't particle fountains give out the location of where players respawn, which the idea is kind of lame?

999cop said:

I've always had this question about the way CTF is set up in Zdaemon. Don't particle fountains give out the location of where players respawn, which the idea is kind of lame?

The fountains don't show up in game

I'm sure they did...at least on the ZDaemon CTF wads when I last played them.

AlexMax said:

This is very exciting, as I am a major CTF nut, and would like nothing more than to be some sort of gold standard that both source ports can use, so we don't have to choose sides when making a CTF map.

I'm starting to get hooked on it too, and after just 2 sessions...

999cop said:

Dont listen to ralphis, this does exist, and it is kinda lime. However it's being remidied as well.