Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

Doom 3's Funniest Moments.

With several posts now on how scary Doom 3 has been for some people. How scary it wasn't to others, that don't want to admit the first time an Imp jumped at them upon opening a door made them flinch a little. I wanted to know what were some of your funniest moments.

It can be something you did or something you saw (i.e. something intentionally put in the game or just a fluke).

Mine, well I really got a laugh when after the registar gave me my PDA and I walked around the table to see what he was doing on the computer. He wrote out some techincal stuff on the screen then began an email with (this is not word for word but): "I gave the new marine guy his PDA he seems like a strange person and quit anoying as he's looking over my shoulder and reading what I type right now".
I just about fell out, that was so funny the way it was writen.

The next funniest thing I was reading in the game on my PDA was an email to the scientist studying the glyphs on the tablets. The email from his nephew said something like "I really enjoyed the games you sent me uncle, I love Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3. It's better than Quake-43". I laughed when I read that also, just to think that there would be that many Quakes since it's only up to Q3. I may have 40 more Quakes to look forward to at some point? And a 3rd revision of a turkey punching game would be better than an upgraded 43rd edition of a fps that would have been out for a long time. Also it is id's product that they are poking the fun at shows they do have a sense of humor about their product.

Anyway write on what your funniest moment was in D3.

When I got Berserk for the second time I killed all the zombies and about 10 of them were all together in one heep. Then I killed the Hell Knight from behind and he fell on top of all of them so it looked like he just tackled 10 zombies. It was pretty funny to look at.

Funniest? nah. But the coolest thing I did was shoot one of those berserk hooky thingy guys out of the air with the rocket launcher. Apparently they will even jump off high platforms and run at you.

funniest thing? i was fighting some cacos in a large room, but they turn verry slowly. i was running towards a wall while one chased me, then when it was close i sidesteped to the left, it turned, but not fast enough. it hit the wall with a loud klunk, and turned slowly around to face me. i never expected that. the second time, it hit into the wall again, but it knocked over some boxes. it was weird, but funny.

Sometimes I like to goof off in multiplayer FFA. On the Edge 2, you can set up an amusing little trap if you're feeling mischievous (doom3 multiplayer isn't very exciting so it turns out this way for me eventually). In the room with the light switch, turn off the lights, then push the barrel (if it's still there) down in front of the lower entrance to the room. Inevitably, someone will come along and immediately resort to pushing it out of the way... you know what to do about that. ;)

The lights out level in mutiplayer is hilarious

and that other one where peopel wait 20 seconds for the megasphere and then somebody else takes it, LOL

i saw a revenant beat the shit out of a commando

also, the commandos with tenticles will run up and kick you in the face if you duck under the tenticle (it made me laugh).

also, when you see a scientist trapped in this one room and you have the choice to either activate the chamber or let him go. if you activate teh chamber and he dies, his skeleton is left standing up for a second or two before it falls... it made me laugh again.

but the funniest thing ive seen so far wasnt when i was playing. i was watching my friend play (who has a shitty computer so he plays it here). he hears one of the z-sec guys stomping around and thought he was gonne be behind a door that was around the corner in front of him. so he was edging up to the corner Sam Fisher style and then the screen gets zinged around from machine gun fire and he almost jumped out of the chair SIDEWAYS (the z-sec guy had been behind him, comming up the corridor and he hadnt realised it... i dont have surround sound fyi). anyways, he jumped really high and i laughed.

Shooting a Mancubus w/ the BFG and watching his fat, blubbery ass do cartwheels in the air is always funny to me :p

Other than that, I've seen Z-Sec Zombies die standing straight up. Kindof amusing there :p

One of the funniest moments was definitely the stone panel with the original Doom cover carved into it. This gave me a boost of original Doom atmosphere.

I also loved the Quake 43 joke but someone spoiled that for me before I got to read it myself. (Btw, The boy writes, he prefers Q43 over STTP, not the other way round)

There are more jokes in the email correspondence that I don´t remember right now. I loved the inside joke of Theresa Charsar´s appearence.

udderdude: Gotta love the amazing, backflipping mancubus. :P

The pen1s enlargement email was pretty funny. And the discovery of Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3 made me laugh.

I also laughed when I saw how far the dead bodies fly when you punch them or hit them with the flashlight.

Heh... in my new game, I spent about a minute in Vagary's lair punching around a hanging corpse like Rocky punching a slab of meat. Grim, but rather fitting.

ggaaaahahahhaha i didnt know u could do that, next time go fisticuffs agianst vagary wewt, hellknights try to bite when u box them

Hi, noob here.
The funniest thing i came across so far was this e-mail.

"Research archive - Valuable sacrificial pointers"

Our time is here! Soon the humans will suffer eternal torment as spoken off in the profhesy. We will feast upon their souls!

When opening sacrificial portals, it is important to remember :

- virgin blood is best,
- goat blood must be no older than 3 days,
- entrails must be removed and apportioned either before death, or no later than 30min
- candles must be sorted by tallest in back to shortest in front - never the other way around!

Most Important - pentegrams should be drawn from the center to the outside and left to right"

Well it was early in the game and the entire room I had entered was total black, except for a lantern sitting on the floor. So I crouch by the light, look around, and then ponder to myself 'I wonder if this is moveable...'. Being the briliant person I am, I decide to test it out by punching the lantern. So there I am, watching the lantern roll across the room, under a railing and off into the black abyss below. So there I am in pitch black, shaking my head as I stand up, turn to leave and pull out my flashlight... just in time for a fat zombie to bean me over the head and kill me and my pants. :D

1. Early in the game, while the guard was talking to me i accidentally hit him with the flashlight and he gibbed as if his entire skin had been ripped off, it was so unexpected

2. After hell breaks loose when you go back to the super turbo turkey puncher and its broken... just listen to the sound it makes

3. That multiplayer level where theres this laundy chute type thing that you can send grenades down ... good times

The fat zombie on the toilet would have been funny if I didn't all ready expect that, and I remember it in one of the duke nuk'm games.
The funniest momment for me was dropping a corpse down the incinerator even made a screen shot of it.

namur said:

Hi, noob here.
The funniest thing i came across so far was this e-mail.

"Research archive - Valuable sacrificial pointers"

Our time is here! Soon the humans will suffer eternal torment as spoken off in the profhesy. We will feast upon their souls!

When opening sacrificial portals, it is important to remember :

- virgin blood is best,
- goat blood must be no older than 3 days,
- entrails must be removed and apportioned either before death, or no later than 30min
- candles must be sorted by tallest in back to shortest in front - never the other way around!

Most Important - pentegrams should be drawn from the center to the outside and left to right"

Thats great!!! I havent seen it yet though :( That reminds of a realy bad pick up line to get laid at a Stryper concert.

when the two hellknights come out of the portal, i was laughing histerically at how bad i was gonna get my ass beat, wonderfull time, watching my buddy play and he got scared to death at the imp that crawls through the steps after hellbreaks lose, damn there broke my chair