Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
B0tt0r

Demon death effect

Could someone please post a screenshot of the effect when a demon is fading away?
I'm wondering if it looks worse than it should on my box, due to my non-dx9 vid card or something. It looks kind of cheap compared to all the other nice effects.

it does tend to look a bit odd. nothing like the zombie effect, i wish they had used that as well as the burning effect

I think it would have been better if the corpses just stayed there so you could chop em up and stuff.

I mean wouldent it be fun to take your chainsaw to the insides of a demon?

(I dont call them pinkys...that just sounds wrong though if they had horns I would call them bull demons like I always did anyway.)

I wonder if they if they implemented the fading effect for sole design purposes (maybe they simply thought it was cool) or if there is another reason. Maybe it gets choppy with too many foes laying around.

Deathmatcher said:

I wonder if they if they implemented the fading effect for sole design purposes (maybe they simply thought it was cool) or if there is another reason. Maybe it gets choppy with too many foes laying around.

From the mods I've tried, it generally isn't too much of a problem. Enabling self-shadowing for models doesn't slow it down too much either, and in most cases when models are moving around it makes them look a fair bit better.

To me them burning away symbolizes they are burning INTO another place (that is, back to hell?) however when you kill them in hell, the same thing happens. I would have appreciated just any attempt at reasoning anything here ;)

That being said my puny vid card thanks ID for getting rid of the dead guys.

Epistax said:

To me them burning away symbolizes they are burning INTO another place (that is, back to hell?) however when you kill them in hell, the same thing happens. I would have appreciated just any attempt at reasoning anything here ;)

That being said my puny vid card thanks ID for getting rid of the dead guys.

good point, maybe the zombie u killed in the beginning got pissed and wanted to fuck u up even more later on?