Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sniperfrommars1

It was all worth it!!!!!!!!

Finally got paid today, so I could pickup a copy of da doom3, which I just built a new system for. Here are my thoughts going into this today. Ive waited four years to play doom 3, and i must say I couldnt help but be skeptical especially after all the negative reviews Ive wread. Stopped by haistings in such a rush and dropped down the cash, speed home, install *bam* System crashes, after five or six reboots and attempts had some driver troubles got the latest detonators for my vid card, and got it installed. My jaw just dropped, IMMEDIATELY and i am not impressed easily. I did the basic walkthrough slow and easy, I must say it felt alot like halflife, being in the base before the invasion, and it was OBVIOUS they were throwing it right in valves face, everything was just ten times up any single player experience I have had. When I stepped outside into the martian landscape they did such a great job of making mars look so damned hostile and lifeless, it was amazing what they did with semiantiquated technology. Then the invasion happens and good god, i got the shit scared out of me so many times. Breathtaking visuals smooth ass weapons, and just everything I could have asked for. Id just like to say John Carmack is the man, along with everyone at I.D. software. They did not dissapoint me. This is the rare moment in life when I can say that Doom3 is the best game I have every played, without competition, just like the original doom was for me when I was naught but 13 years of age. id like to use this thread for us to share our experiences in game.

You're lucky. The imps have just figured out how to wear pants. You'll see wonders we've never seen before.

Teehee, i'm getting my copy soon, along with 512 MB of RAM to bring me to 704 RAM, and maybe... and I stress the maybe a new video card, if it doesn't work out so well :P

Im running it good right now with 256 megs of pc3200, but Ive got a p4 3.4 c to back it up , really smooth game play though, right now its got a duty fx5200, but my 9800 is on its way as we speak, not absolute top of the line, but more than enough

get about 512 more ram watch the wonder of everything happen at once!!, shot fired, shell, blood, damaged model, sparks, lightflicker and about 1 fps lost!! WEWT!

In a couple month's i'll get 512 more, but i'm 14 saving for my car... and updating my computer... but 704 is more then enough with my current video card :D

Well I plan on running a gig of pc3200, right now with my motherboard my frontside bus is only 400 mhz, with out two dimm;s, but im still shcoked at how good it looks

Deathmatcher said:

What do you mean by semiantiquated technology? Doom3´s engine is the newest and best looking so far.

I think he may be referring to the fact that it runs even on the hardware that was new when id originally started working on this (namely, the geforce3).

i belive HL2 is still based on quake3. i havnt kept up on HL2 since it failed to come out november of last year.