Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

Doom3 in Doom2?

Well... I know it's been an awful long time... And I'm going to have to start up DFD again... --AND FINISH IT!!!

First things first.

Doom3, Paintshop pro, Wintex and Edge 1.28a = WEAPON/FX MOD!

oh, and Pbrush... :)

Any way I'm doing a Doom3 weapons to doom2 type thing for edge and will gladly Send Screenies for you all...

Just show a bit of Interest --THAT'S ALL I ASK!

2 Weapons have been done so far and they look great. And before you all go oh.. look he's just cut the guns out of screenshots... wrong --They have been 'DOOMIFIED' because I can't stand 'Screenshot' weapons.

Thanks Weasel... next up -- The Machine gun.

It has also come to my attention that Vegeta is doing the Unique monsters from doom3 for doom2 type thing as well... Good stuff Veg.

From Doom3, I've got:

-The Intro music
-A shitload of sounds
-Some dehacked work
-An animated TITLEPIC in the works

I've made a decent flashlight for EDGE that works like the doom 3 one (ie you cant hold it at the same time as a gun, but you can smack people with it), i could send you the code if you want, and you could add the doom 3 graphics (i just used photos of me holding one..heh)

The DooM 3 menu would rock in the orignal DooM.And if you want the Machine Gun and Chaingun at once just replace the SSG with the Machine Gun,Should give you lots of extra sprites for funky animations and such.

And if you wanted i'd make a simple sprite replacement and DehackEd thing for use on the other ports,Only thing that'd have to be ditched would be the flash light i'm guessing.

Would be much appreciated lads... I've almost done the Machinegun... and Wacky I'll send some screenies with a test package for you... buttons and web stuff too, to put over the old dfd site... thanks:)

Wild weasel: Sent!

Are you still interested Kronos?, i might as well upload the thing to /newstuff actually, then everybody can nick it and it will seem outdated and crappy by the time my wad is made!

That'd be cool... either way...
Weasel... I'll need your E-mail again so I can send you stuff to replace the Dfd site... for the time being--

I'll send out the 'demo' of what I'm doing and you can put that on the Dfd site...

That would be appreciated.

Weapons so far:

Pistol:90%
Shotgun:100%
Macinegun:60%

The Rest: 0%

:)

KRoNoS said:

That'd be cool... either way...
Weasel... I'll need your E-mail again so I can send you stuff to replace the Dfd site...

...me? I don't run your website...and besides that, my email is only a few posts up...

Sorry Weasel... I meant wacky... oops.......

But hey... It's still good to know your interested! :)

I'm interested in these sprites. I've already made a complete weapon/monster sound wad...now it needs the look

here

Yeah I noticed my bad,Well excellent work on the sounds,I actually got scared and crapped out a few times.I can imagine how this would be awesome with a wad like Alien Vendetta.

thanks

I personaly love the lost soul...damn those sounds work well in zdoom

I've got a little util that converts Deh to DDF so no biggie...

Machine Gun is now 80% done.

DEH to DDF won't work here, at least not with the sounds. Quast's mod uses SNDINFO, a ZDoom specific lump.

Oh well... I'll do it then.

There isn't much need for the flashlight... The current Doom levels aren't dark enough... Useful if your low on ammo though.
If someone was doing maps that would help, if not... I might have to start mapping...

But I suppose you'd need maps done for edge? I've been toying around with a map in zdoom now, using ambient sounds...making it all neat and stuff

You can make a flashlight in Zdoomgl by making a weapon that fire invisible projectiles at ultra high speeds and high rate of fire, most probably with unlimted ammo.

Which is exactly how i did it in edge, except i used 'bullets' that do zero damage and have invisible puffs, and a range of 3000 (as opposed to 1024, which all other bullet weapons in every other doom thing have..heh), and create a load of light when they hit

So if it was meant to be like the doom3 Flashlight... I'd probably have the 'idle' frame on shoot... so it constantly fires... then when the player actually presses the fire key a different attack comes into play... if not then Primary can be Flashlight and secondary can be Flashlight bash.

Simple to do,Make it's weapon ready have a duration of 0 and instantly go to a different firing state and back,And when fire is pressed it goes to a different state for the melee attack.