Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

Doom3 in Doom2?

I'm talking about the new version. Can we expect another weapon in the next version? Wich monsters are completed?

DooMBoy said:

I see you still haven't figured out to type sentences correctly, that's an update I guess.

I'd fight with you,But I just got unlosered.That and I don't really care.

He looks kinda cross-eyed. Try to shade his eyesockets more. Also a wider mouth and some muscles around it should give him a meaner look, but You're on a right track.
Next time provide the image in true scale and (in GIF format!!! Jpeg for Pixel Art=Bad) so I can make necessary changes if needed.

Caco-Puff said:

I'd fight with you,But I just got unlosered.That and I don't really care.

I don't really care either, it just looks stupid.

One important thing I noticed while putting these weapons into my mod- Remember to move the CHECKRELOAD pointer to the end of the ATTACK state, right before the REFIRE pointer. This way you don't have to click again once you're out of ammo to reload- it does it automatically.

Mmmm, that should be annoying in fiery battles, I prefer to choose if I want to reload or switch to other weapon, also it's cool to press the fire key and hear the "click" then the reload.

Some of these bugs/issues are known/being fixed, but I might as well have them in a nice, organized list.

Shotgun
-Reloading takes too long. This makes you a sitting duck, even compared to when you're reloading the other weapons.
-Shotgun zombies are capable of killing a freshly spawned player in one blast. This is bad, especially since these guys come in groups.

Machinegun
-The pickup object still shows the Super Shotgun

Chaingun
-Nothing big. The gun just lacks the tiny spin up delay.

Hand Grenades
-You can still pick up handgrenades, even if you're full(50)
-The wrong sound plays when you throw it
-The splash radius is a bit too large. I've been hit by it when I'm relatively far from the blast.

Plasma gun
-Numerous ?'s appear when firing the gun. Noticible most when moving.
-The gun seems to fire a bit too fast

Rocket Launcher
-The gun seems underpowered
-I can't seem to pick up another rocket launcher, even if my ammo's not full

BFG9000
-When you first pick up the gun, it comes with no ammo.
-The ammo is a bit too rare, due to it replacing the soulsphere, and picking up BFG's and backpacks yields no ammo for it

Other
-Picking up a backpack still affects some ammo totals
-The Backup lacks grenades, chaingun ammo, machingun ammo, and BFG ammo

That's all I've noticed so far.

These are the max ammo totals in Doom 3:
Bullets: 360
Shells: 320
Machinegun ammo: 600
Chaingun ammo: 600
Grenades: 50
Cells: 500
Rockets: 96
BFG Cells: 32

footman said:

Chaingun
-Nothing big. The gun just lacks the tiny spin up delay.

I don't think you can make weapons have a spin up delay in EDGE, or really any DOOM source port. What happens is when the weapon refires, it will go back to the spin up state, which basically causes the weapon to pause after every shot. Unless there is a method in DDF I'm not aware about, the chaingun will probably have to stay without a spin up.

I suppose that the fans of this mod have tested it with diferent wads (not only doom2.wad), what do you recomend? Personaly.

-ccombat.wad
-sc_waste.wad
-bdr(v2).wad (highly recomended)

Nick Perrin said:

It's true, as far as I know there is no way to make a working spin-up.

You'll be able to do it in ZDoom once DECORATE weapon support is complete.

Another bug:
-The Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind, and Mancubus seem to be immune to explosive weapons. From an idfa, I emptied my full load of grenades and rockets into a Spiderdemon and he did not die.

I don't think that ever made it off the ground.... I'm working on something else right now, something I'M ACTUALLY WORKING ON. Which I haven't done for more than 2 months on anything else.

it's been so long... I've started to continue on this some more... I've been working on little odds and ends... Mainly menu, and hud.

Sorry about the delay... BUT SOMEONE'S GOTTA PAY MY BILLS!

Update soon...

Edit: I managed to get the Chaingun to spin up... But it would only fire one shot, then spin down... thus killing the idea of a chaingun entirely... If only i had some 'special' definition thing...

Thanks For the List Footman...

KRoNoS said:

Edit: I managed to get the Chaingun to spin up... But it would only fire one shot, then spin down... thus killing the idea of a chaingun entirely... If only i had some 'special' definition thing...

I'm thinking of posting a suggestion over at the EDGE site for new weapon states such as prefire delays and idle taunts. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Snarboo said:

idle taunts. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Idle taunts can be done already, but spin-ups.... you definitely can't if you want a gun that shoots more than 1 shot in succession.

Nick Perrin said:

Idle taunts can be done already, but spin-ups.... you definitely can't if you want a gun that shoots more than 1 shot in succession.

I'm talking a completely new weapon state here, which I would call the PREFIRE state. Basically, it's kind of like the one time reload animation, except instead of playing when you run out of ammo, the PREFIRE state plays before you fire. Then it goes to the regular ATTACK state and fires without triggering the PREFIRE state again. Sorry if that was complicated.

I'm also going to make the suggestion at the EDGE site for incremental reload, so that when the reload button is added in a future release, it will only reload however many shots are necessary when the reload key is pressed. This would be handy for weapons like shotguns that currently take forever to reload because they have to reload all the rounds at one time.

Snarboo said:

I'm also going to make the suggestion at the EDGE site for incremental reload, so that when the reload button is added in a future release, it will only reload however many shots are necessary when the reload key is pressed. This would be handy for weapons like shotguns that currently take forever to reload because they have to reload all the rounds at one time.

While you're at it, could you request a flag to be set that disallows the manual reload key, for weapons like the M1 Garand rifle that can't be reloaded manually?

Sorry if I seem like I'm demanding stuff, but I'm too lazy to dig up my Sourceforge account name.

WildWeasel said:

Sorry if I seem like I'm demanding stuff, but I'm too lazy to dig up my Sourceforge account name.

Not at all, and I added you suggestion to the thread I had made earlier.

M1 Garand... Incremental Reloading... MADNESS!?.. but I like it...
Prefire, --sounds good too me too.

its probly just me, but i've never seen any point in converting Doom2 to some game. Why dont you just play the other game?