Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

Doom3 in Doom2?

I've made a zsec chaingunner and shotgun dude but how do I post images on here ??

I'm doing the pinky, it's half done. May be we can replace all the monsters, that'd be cool.

Well, for the pistol Z-sec, you could use the Strife soldier (the one with the pistol of course) with the former human sargeant's head coloured in the same way you edited these.

The machinegun Z-sec Looks pretty cool, still the head is not like the one of DOOM 3 (I'd use the head of one of the soldiers from Strife) The shotgun dude, it's good, but I don't know something is strange with the head (I know that the same happens with the original though), personally I'd use the head you used for the Z-sec with Machinegun, or merge the head you made with the one of this skin http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=10708.

And the chaingun zombie, is that the comando? the skin looks ultra cool, but still the comando is darker.

Still they are pretty cool, and even as they are right now, they fit with Kronos' work (DOOMinize DOOM³).

Kronos said that he were working in the fat zombie, that'd be cool to see.

Here are some sprites that I'm working on (please keep in mind that they are unfinished, specially the pinky, that need some additions and touches)

DOOM 3 Imp:
http://img52.exs.cx/img52/3930/d3imp8rp.gif

Pinky (the in game version will be scaled to look a bit bigger):
http://img52.exs.cx/img52/2161/pinka2a81ek.gif

Guardian (in game it will be a lot bigger):
http://img52.exs.cx/img52/9809/grdna17da.gif

Does anyone else made something from DOOM 3 in DOOM 2? If so, please, post a preview here, probably together we can make something really cool.

WildWeasel said:

Kronos: I look forward to seeing this, as I can't stand the original Doom 2 weapons any more.

i'm looking forward to this, so i can play a kind of doom3 with acceptable frame rates :p

Does anyone else made something from DOOM 3 in DOOM 2? If so, please, post a preview here, probably together we can make something really cool.

I've begun mapping and it's coming along really well.
Question, should I have the whole start in a friendly enviroment then it goes wrong, or just jump straight into the action?

I'd like to have it the first way, adds some more atmosphere, but i really can not be fucked scripting many events. If anyone thinks they can do some really good fs work, it'd be choice if they could pm me about it. I'll see if i can upload what i have so far, so people can see what im up to.

Are you using the textures from DOOM 2, or converted some of DOOM 3? I have a lot of textures from DOOM 3, converted to DOOM, but they are gif files, I know how to insert them in a wad, but not how to convert it into an usable texture wad (make a new "PATCHES" and "TEXTURES" entry). I'd like to make some maps, but I don't want to use the textures from DOOM 2, if nobody makes a DOOM³ texture wad, I'll use Nmn's tech textures, or some other wad.

About your maps, if you know how to make friendly (or at least inofensive) characters in Edge, then it'd be cool if you make first a friendly enviroment, even if it's short. Oh, BTW, can you show some screenies?

If all goes well, tomorrow, or past tomorrow I'll finish the pinky. I need someone that know how to make ddf files (and insert them in a wad) so change a bit the behavior and set it to be scaled to look bigger.

Blue, are that Z-sec fully animated? If so, can you send me a copy, I'll see if I can touch them a bit. Of course (once finished) I can send you (and to anyone interesed) the pinky (but it doesn't looks as good as your sprites).

Really long user name, I'd send you the files, but uncompressed is about 10 mb, I didn't compressed it, but surely it will be bigger than what my e-mail account can send.

insertwackynamehere said:

Someone send it to me, I'll host it on wackyhq. I already host KRoNoS's other project. Originally I wasnt going to but that was before I realized bandwidth was so hard to use up :P

wacky@wackyhq.com

i'l send it

Im using the DooM 3 textures, which were in Gif format so i had to convert them to bitmap to be useable. I do know how to create friendly creatures, and atm im going through the DooM3CC website finding the script so I can stay close to the actual storyline. What I really want to do is stay close to DooM 3 in level design and objectives, but not be identical. So far i have the beginning of Mars City maped. I'll upload the map and texture wads to my personal webspace, get them at geocities.com/deltaqdelta/doom.zip if they are not there when you look, they will be on their way.

Get a gmail account, it can attach 10 mb files.

Wow, that's more than what I expected! Good work, keep it up.

This is the right order for the wads, right?
D3Rel5a D3Rel5b D3Rel5c D3Rel5d

I also like the idea of make the maps as close as posible to the original (at least the objetives), as I don't have the game it's a bit hard to me, but may be with a walkthough and screenshots I could do something.

I'll send you sprites set of monsters (or characters if I make one)each time I finish one.

I wish KRoNoS where here.

I try to open the texture wad, but it crash when I use Deth or Zeth, do I need to download DB?

Okey, Pinky finished and ready to ship (looks a lot better than the screenshot, and it's fully animated). Anyone can help me making the behavior (in Edge). I send you the sprites and instructions of how I plan it to be.
.:DartmerC:. Would you like to help me?

Yeah i'd love to help with the pinky. Also, im about to upload my slightly more complete map, this time with some basic scripting. Its got different color marines everywhere representing different types of people. Green Marines are your guards, they wont move but will fire if fired upon. Red marines are reception n stuff like that, Yellow Marines are just people going about their daily business.
Of course this will all change when the time comes, they are mere place holders.
Im glad you think my map is okay, as this is the first time I have ever released something I have created :)

Okay, uploading the work I have done today. Alot of the later area's of the level are missing a lot of detail and other stuff. I have been having a little difficulty coding the event when everything turns sour, for some reason the lights wont go out and the marines wont die on script :@ anyways, i'll work on all that later.
A zombieman is placeholding for that scientist that goes crazy atm, so if anyone can find a good scientist skin send it to me.

I wont be back online for another 8 or so hours, so leave me some feedback on what you think.

Hmm.. interesting.. very interesting. Well it never occured to me to redo more weapons as my goal was merely to create levels for the tc.
But when its put the way you put it, I might actually look into doing that. Only problem is I don't know the method he used to create the graphics (i know they were not just clean screenshots), i have no chance at recreating the excelent effects the other weapons use, and I don't even have DooM ]|[ installed on a working pc atm.

The soul cube could be made with a little difficulty and few limitations however, off the top of my head it could work very similarly to the DooM ]|[ one, but just not give the health.. actually with a little inventive thinking it might just be able to heal aswell.

Good news is that atm their are already some new punch graphics within Kronos' resources which I might do some work with.

Did Kronos do his own edge editing to get smoke, partical effects or did someone else code that for him.. we need to get hold of whoever did that.

.:DartmerC:. said:

the marines wont die on script :@ anyways, i'll work on all that later.

What if they are killed by a summoned skull? or invisible projectile.

.:DartmerC:. said:

anyone can find a good scientist skin send it to me.

In Enjay's Armed Assault, there is a cool scientist skin.

Another question, may be I understood bad, but do you have access to the resources that KRoNoS made but didn't uploaded?

No I don't, within one of his released wads there are some punch sprites never used.

I've just tweaked with the scripting a bit and made the writing a little more easier to understand, i'll upload my changes so you can see what I mean.

.. hehe the file size is 666 kb