Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

Doom3 in Doom2?

What I really want is KRoNoS 5th release from ltriffy. and to know how to get doom 2.5 to work...

To get Doom2.5 to work:

1. Just download all those zips from the Doom2.5 web site and unzip them into their own directory(say c:\Doom2_5).
2. Then download the latest EDGE Version(RC2) and unzip it into the same place.
3. Then place a copy of your Doom2.wad in the same directory.
4. Double click the Doom2_5.exe and you're off!

Another alternative would be to use ESL, telling it where the doom2.5 wads are, where your GLEDGE32.exe is, and where your Doom2.wad is.

Howdy, I just thought i'd update you on what im doing at the moment,
I'm actually going over the levels making them a little more cinematic and dynamic, I realised we have all this amazing code for smoke effects etc and i'm busy adding some of this stuff into the maps.

Also, someone else has begun mapping (sorry mate, dont remember your callsign by memory 0_o) so yeah, expect some updates sometime.. not too soon though.

also, Dark_Shadow4002 if you have these resources or are thinking of creating your own tc, would you be interested in joining our project?

if you want to see the hud weapons click these 2 links and also a peek at my mapping. These are screens for my little doom3 kinda thing i started over a year ago for doomsday that got switched over to EDGE a few months ago. All the weapon graphics are just typical hud sprites not models. and the mapping is just EDGE map stuff. (been working too damn long on this project over a year and only 3 1/2 maps done)

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/darkshadow2004/edge_project_screens/

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/darkshadow2004/e1m2_fusion_power_st/

Dark_Shadow4002
That looks great. Could you list us the stuff you have in your mod?

Dart
Nice to see you back. So, how many maps are now? I remember your internet problem, so could you post some screens (http://www.imageshack.us/)?
I'm sorry but Edge 1.29 still runs slow on my comp, even on the doom2.wad maps. I know how tedious it is, but some day you have the time could you make an alternative version for 1.28?

the list of additions?

well the porject i am working on is more like a KDIZD for edge using Doom3 style and atmosphere (for a lack of better wording) so it is not like a full on Doom3 TC since i am not really converting the enemy sprites yet (too damn lazy to do so). but my list is as follows....

Pistol-Doom3
Shotty- Doom3
Machinegun - Doom3
Chaingun- Doom3
Rocket Launcher- Doom3
Plasma Rifle - doom3

I am leaving out the BFG mainly because the way the back story for the mod is set at the original building of the UAC bases on Phobos, Deimos and Mars. So the technology is not up that far yet and the BFG-9000 is still under development

Enemies..

Machinegunner guy
Chaingunner Guy
Revenant
mancubus

Since this is a DOOM1 mod i am bringing over the rev and the manc from doom2 so that they can be discovered in the UAC installitions etc..etc.

So its not a full on TC but its just a specialty mod for the way i feel Doom1 could have looked with 3d sectors, more enemies, dynamic lighting and hi-res shit everwhere. Also i have made an elaborate custom ambient sfx sound track special for each level, all sounds are edited and modified doom3 sounds as well as some custom made sound effects ( i do audio shit for a living).

the textures and weapon gfx are hard core modified resources from doom3 (mainly modded for legal issues) as well as some custom created textures based off of doom3 textures. I am currently in a revamp of the textures to "fake" like there is bump maps and such on them (using graphics programs to add layers of texture and detail to the base graphic)..:)

and i am doing all this BY MY SELF :( so its a daunting task to say the least. But i should have Episode one completed soon...and the other 3 episodes will come IF people like it :) But the plan is all 4 episodes of the ultimate doom.

Dark_Shadow4002 said:

if you want to see the hud weapons click these 2 links and also a peek at my mapping. These are screens for my little doom3 kinda thing i started over a year ago for doomsday that got switched over to EDGE a few months ago. All the weapon graphics are just typical hud sprites not models. and the mapping is just EDGE map stuff. (been working too damn long on this project over a year and only 3 1/2 maps done)

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/darkshadow2004/edge_project_screens/

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/darkshadow2004/e1m2_fusion_power_st/

This looks pretty amazing. How close are you to a release?

I've worked a lot on my project too, and I got over 1k graphics and like 3 maps done and about 5 weapons.. the main thing is, I havent put down a year on it ;) rather like a month heh. So what the heck have you been doing that whole year, must have been learning and have fulltime-job too. And I also wonder, have you copied anything straight off from Doom3? as like Model capure (making sprites out of 3d models) If so I would say it's pretty "low" but if everythign's done on your own, then it's cooler hehe.

i would like to make a sprites from 3d models but i dont know wich program i should use... i tried two - one wont work with md5 and the second wont show animations... please give me a name ;)

lol, now we have to compete with nmn aswell.
I've been doing alot of work on coding and scripting and will begin working on levels again real soon. Im just trying to tie all the loose ends toghether with the PDA and other objective things, but I really want to get to mapping delta labs, i've got some really cool ideas for that. I'm also mid way through making a real kick ass monorail section which if everything works how it should will probably be one of the coolest things i've done, and will use some features and tricks i've never before seen done in EDGE or doom for that matter.

Patience is the key here though, i'm not going to give a date on the new release, but it wont be TOO far away.

Also I'm real sorry Vegeta, but I really don't see any possibility of a 1.28 version of the mod, as far as leaps in technology have gone, 1.29 offers so much more that the mod would probably never work on it.

while not directly related to the mod, but i've lost control of the doom25.modfiles.org subdomain and all of modfiles.org in general due to a reseller situation. I donno when how long it'll be up :(

We are back, prepare for some new stuff in the near future.
And Nmn, prepare for a surprise in your honour.

Oh and yeah, I know the answer, but I have to ask, if anyone want to help in some way just post here, or send a PM.

Vegeta said:

We are back, prepare for some new stuff in the near future.

YAY!! I was hoping this TC hadn't gone the way of the Dodo :)

BTW Vegeta, have you tried RC3? If you go to the EDGE site you'll find a special compiler testing build (http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=363684) which has three different builds of EDGE: you should try the three of them, maybe one of them'll be faster for you.

Just what exactly are your PC specs anyway?

My specs are
Procesor: Intel Celeron MMX 430 mhz
Ram: 320mb
Misc: Directx 9.0c Windows 98
Video Card:Impact TNT2 m64

I'm not sure if that's enough info.

Thanks for the links I have to compare these with the latest beta I were trying, my main problem (sounds) seems to be solved, I have some speed issues in the rooms with many monsters (like the first room in the second map), but once you start killing them everything backs normal.

Currently I'm designing the Vagary map where you'll face the first boss, hopefully if will be a decent adversary.

OMFG IT'S NOT DEADED! S.B. approved.

(nobody needs to know what that means, just that it's my way of saying "this is a thing I like with intense intensity")

Maps in the way, you'd like them.

And for these who like the mod and want more maps, I'm working in an adaption of Slige, fear the power of "DOOM 2.5 Slige" muahahahah....hahahah

KRoNoS said:

Maybe I could be of some assistance? :)

What needs doing?

Can I use PNGs?

Coolies, sure that you could be of some assitance :-) Things that needs doing..

-Soul Cube
-Revenant
-Lost Soul
-Fat Zombie
-Commandos
-Cyberdemon
-Maggot
-Maps

Choose whatever you feel more confortable doing, and yep you can use PNP files :)

Sorry to bump this, but I started making a Doom 3 monster resource wad without knowing about this.

Is this still going on, what's done on it, can I continue my project, and can I use what you have?

I was eventually going to use it to make a total conversion for Doom 2, with the Doom 3 weapons, maps and all.