Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KRoNoS

Doom3 in Doom2?

DeathBringer... ltriffy@yahoo.com.au

Weasel... You're not wrong there.

I'll release it as soon as I'm Ultimately Happy with it.

Very soon in fact.

Monday is the Next Release...

You cannot see how much spare ammo you have though...

Edge has not yet added it on to the status bar.

Well... at least not for the Machinegun and Chaingun.

DaniJ said:

You sir make me sick and disgusted. Like everyone else ripping stuff without permission. Nobody gives a shit about copyright and it really pisses me off. If/when ID find out they'll be mighty pissed off too I should imagine.

If it where down to me I'd reject it on principle.

Not that I'd imagine any of you will suddenly develop a conscience and decide to stop.

Ditto.

Well... What can Expected hmmm....

Couple o' new weapons...

Some more Fx n' stuff... Ammo fixes...

Footstep sounds for Creatures... and the PLAYER! -got to 'dull' them
a bit though...

Menu Possibly...

Keep an eye out... You will not go unrewarded for your support...

Thanks...

KRoNoS said:

stuff that will be in the next version

heh, i can't wait it sounds really cool, especially the footstep sound thing

EDIT: 800th post!

Congrats, Dron... Thanks Dark....

Plasma Rifle is coming along smoothly... because the offset for the 'plasma' projectile couldn't be changed... I centered the Plasma Rifle a bit... it just adds to better looking Fx for it!

So it will definitely be in the next release.

KRoNoS said:

So it will definitely be in the next release.

that's good news, from what i've seen in the screenshots of doom3 the new plasma rifle is really good. how many new weapons will be included in this awesome new release?

Plasma Rifle is a Definite... Having some issues with the Zombie sounds... don't seem to play...

As soon as that's worked out, Back to the Hand Grenades. so 2 possibly 3...

It sure can be creepy to hear the footsteps of a lone imp coming closer on a dark level now... :)

It's just keeps getting better and better!

This Release will the best one yet... And you can all have a piece of it soon...

KRoNoS said:

This Release will the best one yet... And you can all have a piece of it soon...

Sounds good to me! =D

This is getting each time better, can't wait.

Btw, what do you mean by Fx?

I tried with the similar texture wad, but not only it means a lot of work (the textures that are made with diferent patches would be a pain in the ass to replace), but there is not that comparison, as far as I saw almost every texture is a dark grey variation, some maps would probably look odd. I think is better to just put all the textures in new spots, so we can include all the textures and not only the ones that look similar. Anyway, probably someone will have better luck than me.

Can't wait for the next version.

Should be out tomorrow...

you know Veg... Bulletpuffs, PlasmaTrails... that sort of thing.

--Thanks

because the offset for the 'plasma' projectile couldn't be changed

Not used EDGE much??

X_OFFSET=-20; in the plasma attack should do it

Can anyone help me with this? From what you guys are saying about it and how you will die waiting for the next release, it sounds like an excellent job was done. However, I have no ideas on how to run it and have looked through the txt files but found no help. Thanks for making an awsome mod.

you need doom2 to run it

1. download edge latest version
2. download the mod
3. run it through the command line "(gl)edge32 -file d3dtest2.wad"

Thanks Deathbringer... And now What you have all been waiting for...

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ltriffy/files/

ID: ltriffy
Password: goobers

YES!!! IT IS THE THIRD RELEASE!.....................................................................................................................with footsteps!

ENJOY...

Though it has a few bugs... it's still fun.

--and I KNOW what those bugs are.

As always Support and feedback is always welcome.

Hope you like it,

--Thanks

holy fuck, i need to pay more attention to the forums. anyways im downloading now, i'l give you my full report once im done being amazed by the footsteps and other things

I was going to include Handgrenades... but I wasn't happy with 'em
so they should be in the fourth release.

sounds cool! will there be pick up sprites in the 4th release? anyways here are my comments; i agree with you that this is the best release so far. the footsteps thing is really awesome, and it's creepy to hear footsteps getting closer and closer to you. the new plasma rifle is awesome and i really like the fx like smoke coming out. awesome release i can't wait for the handgrenades!

Are you going to include maps for this project? If so, I can help. Also, are you doing all the DDF work yourself? If you're not doing everything on your own, I can help with that too ;)

Maps would be good... If you could help out there that would be coolies... Apart from maps... Graphics/DDF/effects/Wadding is all done by me.

and the Support comes from anyone who downloads this mod.

After playing a few of the Doom2 levels... map01-map08, Hand Grenades really would come in handy... They will definitely be in the 4th release.

Fiend... you obviously have the alpha of doom3?

KRoNoS said:

stuff

are you replacing the bfg as well? either way, i wish you luck!

KRoNoS said:

Fiend... you obviously have the alpha of doom3?

Not anymore. When I updated my video drivers, I had to live with it running a permanent grayscreen. Then I got NVEmulater days before I got Doom 3 to run it... then forgot about it. Hilarity ensued.

Funny... I didn't have that problem when I updated mine...

Hand Grenades are now 90%

Explosions are now 100%

Good work man, it really is adictive.
I think that the monster's footsteps could be a little bit higher, but they sound still good right now.

I have the design for a map (in a paper), I'll pass into a level editor once I find a damn texture wad (damn I want one!).

Can I make a request? Could you include a new behavior for another monster/s in the next version? May be the Demon (an idea I have is replace the three attack frames code pointers with the code pointer of the bite frame, so not only is deadlier, but harder to avoid).
Gravity on the imps fire balls would be cool too.

Anyway, I really like this mod, is the kind of mod that really makes you an adict (is rare to see that after so many years, good work).

I'm looking more now into boom maps (rather than Zdoom ones), I'll test it now with Phobos Anomaly Reborn, and Help your selfish.

Please, keep up the good work and don't give up with this.

Ps: The flashlight looks cool, probably now you can replace the Light amp googles with something else.

Btw, are the shotguners so deadly in DOOM 3? They look good, but in maps with plenty of them, things would probably be unfair for the player.