Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Uhhhhh ... Ok

sLydE said:

fight club's main character didn't really have a name. the director just calls him "jack"

he had a name, it just was never revealed in the book or in the movie because it really doesn't matter. i think a movie based off doom would have little enough character interaction you wouldn't need to worry about giving him a name.

The character does not have a name in the games because of known and acceptable reasons. Is it necessary to make this an obsession that carries on to any mention of DOOM, even beyond the gaming spectrum? By the way, sargebaldy, here's the movie for you.

Well to be honest I think DOOM is hardly something that can suitably expressed in any other form of media and any attempt to do so would be completely laughable (see the Doom novels and the Doom comic). As it is to make Doom into a movie you'd have to bend everything way out of proportion it's going to end up snapping. And yes, if I wanted to watch a Doom movie I'd certainly just watch those demos.

Me too, but if they want to make a movie about DOOM (3), fine with me. It doesn't have to be great; as you said, lots of stuff has been made in relation to DOOM that wasn't particularly exceptional. Well, at least the comic was amusing and the miniatures were pretty good. It doesn't change the game itself.

This is waaay out there...and pretty "thin", but.... what if it wasn't called "DOOM"? What if it was called something like "DOOMED"? Then make *damn sure* that it gets plugged as "DOOMED...a sci-fi horror story based on the DOOM video game!" Now, my reasoning is this; it makes a clear cut between this movie and the *real* DOOM. For me, at least, I could then happily sit through a PG-13 horror/sci-fi flick such as this because in my mind (my subconscious as well), the movie *is NOT* DOOM. This leaves me free to completely ignore everything that ever comes out for "DOOMED" or anything I hear some 13 year old kid spouting off about how "kewl DOOMED" was.

*shrug*

Why not get some no-name company to do it so you can get it done RIGHT? A few movies have done this and made a boatload of money; or at least enough to get recognized (Big Fish, Blair Witch Project, etc). I can see DOOM (a *real DOOM movie*) going the 'indipendant film' way...computers and special effects are "easy" to do, it's the rendering that takes up the $$$ and time.

My 2¢ anyway.

It's too bad the guys who did "28 Days Later" aren't making Doom the movie.

We must stop letting people who have never laid eyes upon a video game make movies! What the fucking hell. A dude named pinky in a fucking wheel chair. Lo-pan had nothing to do with DOOM!!!!.

as long as they cast Prof. Stephen Hawking and strap a badass rocket launcher to his chair, I'm all for the pinky character.

Rellik said:

2. No children, jesus christ they even put a little kid in the AvP movie.

There wern't any children in AvP

I have to be a bit careful posting here, I'm starting to think the producers are monitoring what I say. Or I'm paranoid.

Someone asked what the budget was. Off the record, I think it's about 60-70 million. I know it's not lower than that, but I don't know for sure.

As for the Doom Guy being named, that was actually one of id's provisions. They told me straight up that he had to be named John. So he was. That's about all I can say about that, pretty cut and dry. Though I'll point out it wouldn't have been too realistic for other characters to address him as "Doom Guy."

Ass for the Pinky thing, I'm not going to really bother defending myself on that sort of creative license. I know the game, I was at id's offices 2 years ago watching them make it so I know it. There's a reason that there is a character named Pinky, and there's a very specific reason that he's in a wheelchair, and I don't doubt at all that a number of you guys have figured it out already anyway.

Finally the producers told me today that they are still aiming for a nice meaty R Rating, so that's great news.

stingrza said:

As for the Doom Guy being named, that was actually one of id's provisions. They told me straight up that he had to be named John. So he was.

Flexing their creative muscles I see.

Im not gunna watch this piece of shit doom movie.

Its a fucking good game dammit, you dont need to make a movie out of it.

More likely he turns into a pinky demon, with the wheelchair morphing into his mechanical hind legs.

Ralphis said:

There wern't any children in AvP

Oops, coulda sworn I saw one in the commercial. Meh. I bet the aliens drool alot. I really hated that about Aliens4. That and the story and the dialog and the acting and the everything else.