Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Backtrack on track 2

http://manifesteddestiny.com/ravagedw/Backtrack/backtrack.html

More screenshots from BackTrack.

Most of the weapons are finished, most of the enemies are done, and I still don't have a sound card so no sounds yet. At least two maps are done, one is almost done, three are half done, one is on paper and the rest i don't fucking know.

I'm thinking about releasing a one level demo soon, if I feel like it.

Good news everybody. I'm going to release the Backtrack demo noon today. Unless you live in some freaky part of the world that isn't eastern usa, then well it's at some other time.

Noon as long as I'm awake, if not then you can just suffer. :P

ravage said:

Unless you live in some freaky part of the world that isn't eastern usa, then well it's at some other time.

Yay, 4am for me.

Yeah, me too. It's 3:43 PM (according to my PC clock which is probably wrong).

Are you sure thats the right wad, this is just a really cramped map with too many monsters and bad texturing? Unless your pulling a prank on us, i recommend you redo level 1 cause i was crying, and they werent tears of joy.

Bloodskull said:

Are you sure thats the right wad, this is just a really cramped map with too many monsters and bad texturing? Unless your pulling a prank on us, i recommend you redo level 1 cause i was crying, and they werent tears of joy.

You're no deathz0r, so quit mimicing him crunch cock. If you're complaining about too many monsters then you just suck. Now, explain to me why the texturing is bad? EXPLAIN YOUR FUCKING SELF IF YOU ARE GOING TO CRITICIZE.

Deathz0r sometimes knows what hes talking about, but most of the time he doesn't. You said this was supposed to be a episode 1 replacement set to be like E1. E1 was never as bad as this. Your brown texturing is ugly, the compspan and ceiling flats from deimos don't fit in with the map, did i also mention your map is too cramped?

P.S Your heretic map did better then this, and I was expecting the same quality only for Doom.

Its only cramped if you suck at playing.

P.S Your heretic map did better then this, and I was expecting the same quality only for Doom.

Newsflash: Heretic != Doom.

Edit: You're a fucking troll.

Bloodskull said:

Deathz0r sometimes knows what hes talking about, but most of the time he doesn't. You said this was supposed to be a episode 1 replacement set to be like E1. E1 was never as bad as this. Your brown texturing is ugly, the compspan and ceiling flats from deimos don't fit in with the map, did i also mention your map is too cramped?

The site for Backtrack says:
It is a partial 'Knee Deep clone'

OH LETS ALL APPLAUD THE PERSON WHO THINKS HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT FOR BEING A DUMB SHIT

Well, I'm going to check this out right now, I'll be back.

EDIT: Ok, not having Ultimate Doom on this computer seems to really help a lot at the moment, so...

Bloodskull said:

Well then the rest is just crap then. Even I could make a better E1 map then this.

Then do it you failure. You always think you can do better than everyone. Remember when you said I never put out a good DM map? Newsflash, I helped create one of the most popular modern day DM series.

Oh and you're probably the best skulltag player as well.

So if you think you're a good mapper, and can do a good E1 map. Then fucking do it. You're personality is tired, just like your reputation around here. Get a clue scumbag.

Oh and fun map ravage

The map was a little crampy but it was kewl. I also like how you made the pistol flash not last so long.

Ralphis said:

Then do it you failure. You always think you can do better than everyone. Remember when you said I never put out a good DM map? Newsflash, I helped create one of the most popular modern day DM series.

Oh and you're probably the best skulltag player as well.

So if you think you're a good mapper, and can do a good E1 map. Then fucking do it. You're personality is tired, just like your reputation around here. Get a clue scumbag.

Oh and fun map ravage

Maybe I will make an E1 map just to prove I can make something better then that Ralphis.

Bloodskull said:

Maybe I will make an E1 map just to prove I can make something better then that Ralphis.

Is your head so deep in your own shit that you really think you can make a better map than one of Ralphis' (awesome) DM maps? You're out of your fucking mind IMO.

/kissass

And besides that, this map is great. Sure, maybe the BROWN144 textures get a little monotonous, but I think it fits the E1 theme rather well.

By the way, Ravage, what editor did you use to make this map?

EDIT: This might be inspiration for an XDoom map...

Uhm, I was talking about Ravage's map Darkhaven. And I can't start mapping until my computer is fixed, I have to use this damn laptop that doesn't even meet the requirements for doombuilder.

Bloodskull said:

Uhm, I was talking about Ravage's map Darkhaven. And I can't start mapping until my computer is fixed, I have to use this damn laptop that doesn't even meet the requirements for doombuilder.

Haha BS,So you've been making all these claims to fame and then all of a sudden,OMG MY COMPUTAR MACHINE IS BROKENED AND TIS LABTOP DO NOT RUN DOoM BUILDER!!

Bloodskull said:

Uhm, I was talking about Ravage's map Darkhaven.

Bloodskull said:

Oh, I see.
----------------

The map was a good looking map. I liked how you made it to represent the scale of something that would realy exist instead of 5 meter wide hallways.
The chaingun (or whatever) replacement was great, after that, I just wanted more things to shoot with it.
The only problem I have with it that there are too many pinkies where you can stand out of their range and punch them to death. Perhaps a few hitscan monsters thrown in could break up the repetitive imp and imp/demon combination of mobs.
I noticed quite a few unaligned textures, but as it is only a demo it doesn't matter so much.

My thoughts on your map, although my thoughts often don't matter.

chopkinsca said:

The chaingun (or whatever) replacement was great, after that, I just wanted more things to shoot with it.

Thank scuba steve.

The only problem I have with it that there are too many pinkies where you can stand out of their range and punch them to death. Perhaps a few hitscan monsters thrown in could break up the repetitive imp and imp/demon combination of mobs.

I've been thinking, this is the only map so far that doesn't have histcan enemies. Maybe I can tweak some gameplay here and there. I'll see what I can come up with.

I noticed quite a few unaligned textures, but as it is only a demo it doesn't matter so much.

I thought I got them all. I really do suck at alignment. :P

---
So did anybody find the super secret?