Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sporku

GTKRadiant 1.5.0 Beta has Doom 3 Support

I just noticed that on the GTKRadiant site, there's a new beta build (so only use if you like some bugs), which has Doom 3 support (along with all the others)!

Check out the site for more info.

thats good news to hear..but um..just what makes GTKRadiant different from the current D3Radiant?

Deathman said:

thats good news to hear..but um..just what makes GTKRadiant different from the current D3Radiant?

You can run it on linux. I imagine.

I really hope they test their next release first! :P
This is the most buggy version ever.

WadeV1589 said:

You don't have to load the game to edit

Yea, having to load up the game just to run the editor is just plain retarded.

They could have easily created an executable or shortcut of some kind to run it WITHOUT having to run the game in the BG the whole friggin time!!!!

Well, of course new features means new bugs, but heh. I think I'll wait for a more stable release to start D3 mapping with GTKRadiant.

Is it just me or can I not even resize brushes with this version?

Sephiroth said:

i had issues with my mouse in the D3 editor. also took a while to get it where it wasnt a screwy res

If you have mouse problems, you goto put about 3-4 +wait things right before the +editor command on your "Properties" dialog box if you havent done so already.

As for the res, you goto put in things such as +r_fullscreen 0 to put it in a window and such to get it to work properly.

Once you get it going, it is a pretty nice tool though, although it COULD have been more polished, thats for sure.

I seriusly hate the way these both editors are
wich they used the old lithium map maker engine, wich was honestly, much better to the radiant series..
unfortunately lithium went bankrupt and I dont think they would even try the doom III -_-

the way you build in one screen is bit retarded, same with the way you move the boxes :/
the worse by far is indeed the way you control the 3d view..

GTK Fixes the controls of the 3d view, which is something I love about it. You can right-click in the 3d mode to capture it with the mouselook. While its like that, you can move around with the arrow keys. Right click again to release the mouse.

AgentSpork said:

Well, of course new features means new bugs, but heh. I think I'll wait for a more stable release to start D3 mapping with GTKRadiant.

Is it just me or can I not even resize brushes with this version?

I have this problem also, and I can't even get my maps compiled. Or I'm just retarded and didn't realize that doom3 does something for the maps that I'm not doing **

Too bad you couldnt model the map in a 3d program then edit it in D3Radiant. I have a really nice 3d modeler called Zanoza Modeler used for making high polly cars for games, but it works for anything sence it exports in 3ds and lightwave.

Raptor said:

Too bad you couldnt model the map in a 3d program then edit it in D3Radiant. I have a really nice 3d modeler called Zanoza Modeler used for making high polly cars for games, but it works for anything sence it exports in 3ds and lightwave.

You could always build your geometry in your favorite modelling program, then export to .ase or .lwo (I think) and import straight into DoomEdit.

iori said:

GTK Fixes the controls of the 3d view, which is something I love about it. You can right-click in the 3d mode to capture it with the mouselook. While its like that, you can move around with the arrow keys. Right click again to release the mouse.

Wish the Doom3 version had that....

chubz said:

Yea, having to load up the game just to run the editor is just plain retarded.

They could have easily created an executable or shortcut of some kind to run it WITHOUT having to run the game in the BG the whole friggin time!!!!

Well said, agreed...