Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ducon

That's one doomed space marine!

I can't play Doom 3 because it didn't arrive in my country, my machine is too lame and I'm broke.
Anyway, I just wonder if id answers the Duke Nukem quote in the satanic church in the first episode (in a small tunnel behind the choir Duke sees a dead Doom marine impaled and severely crippled and...).

Probably not, I mean, why would they care? 3dRealms may have made a crack about Doom, but id knows that they don't need to crack one about 3dRealms, they do a good enough job making themselves look like a joke

Best game of '99 my ass!

I bet the guys at id dont even remember the duke3d easter egg, or perhaps even duke himself.

It would have amused me if the PDA e-mail mentioning Quake 43 had also said "But I can't wait till Duke Nukem Forever comes out! I hear it will be awesome." I'm sure a lot of people would have gotten a kick out of it.

EllipsusD said:

It would have amused me if the PDA e-mail mentioning Quake 43 had also said "But I can't wait till Duke Nukem Forever comes out! I hear it will be awesome." I'm sure a lot of people would have gotten a kick out of it.

OMGLOL KEKEKE DNF SI TEKING TEH LOANG TIME BE TO COMINGZ OUT!!1111 FUNNAY!!!

Ultraviolet said:

OMGLOL KEKEKE DNF SI TEKING TEH LOANG TIME BE TO COMINGZ OUT!!1111 FUNNAY!!!

Massive sarcasm doesn't work when you're no longer accurately portraying the other side.

I'm accurately portraying the entire crowd that still thinks "I'll get it done as soon as I see DNF on shelves" is funny. It's been beaten to fucking death, and I think it's really starting to sound massively stupid, hence the portrayal.

If DNF is good I won't complain about the wait since I'm not waiting for it. I'll just play every other good game that comes out in the mean time.

Deathmatcher said:

one zombie is sitting on the loo.

That zombie scared the shit out of me.

-E

They should have put a pda in doom 3 that says "oh god damn it guys they bumped back duke nukem forever for another 6 months!"

knives_millions said:

Well my machine isnt really all that great and it runs fine.

So your machine might be able to handle it better then you think.

Are you sure? Mine is Duron 800 with 624 RAM and 16Mo video card.

ducon said:

Are you sure? Mine is Duron 800 with 624 RAM and 16Mo video card.

Get a decent videocard and its a possibility for lowest settings.

Your going to get fps drops but meh you can still play it.

If worse comes to worse

just godmode so the fps wont kill you?

With a 16 meg video card? Even if it could run, he'd need a fuckton of system RAM to prevent a fuckton of hard disk thrashing. EDIT: Whoops, didn't see you suggest a better video card. Still, with an 800 megahertz Duron, he's probably running it on a board that only supports PC133 RAM, and that'll kill him too. Lots. Even people using PC2100 with otherwise good setups suffer a bit.

624 megs of RAM? What the fuck did you combine to get that? Surely ye jest.

FPS around 60 really is a must for smooth reaction in FPS games.

Ultraviolet said:

With a 16 meg video card? Even if it could run, he'd need a fuckton of system RAM to prevent a fuckton of hard disk thrashing. EDIT: Whoops, didn't see you suggest a better video card. Still, with an 800 megahertz Duron, he's probably running it on a board that only supports PC133 RAM, and that'll kill him too. Lots. Even people using PC2100 with otherwise good setups suffer a bit.

Yes, PC133. I can play Serious Sam but not AvP2, UT2K3 nor UT2K4. And I do not own XP.

624 megs of RAM? What the fuck did you combine to get that? Surely ye jest.

512+128-16.

I've played AvP2 on lesser systems, PC133, and a Radeon (can't remember the number, something not too recent, probably bought in 2000). You don't need DDR for AvP2. Your video card is the only too-weak factor there. On the system I was talking about I was playing with detail levels maxed out with perfectly playable framerates. Some 700-something MHz AMD.

-16 meg? WTF? Find yourself another 512 meg chip and pull out that 128(assuming it's the damaged one, but pull it out anyway if you get another 512).

Hah, that would explain your inability to do jack shit. This video card is integrated, then? Or are you talking about an AGP aperture? You should just go by what your OS says you have for RAM rather than assuming it's taken out of the usual total, if that's the case.

Yes, it is integrated and the video RAM is stolen from the 640 megs.

Heh, i have PC133 RAM and it runs fine on 800x600 Medium, infact it will probably run ok on 1024, except in battles, but then i do have 512megs of it, and a 256mb Graphics card