Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

My first Doom3 map (SCREENS)

So. Playing around with Doom3 editing and came up with something acceptable. Don't expect it to ever be released or anything, though I will give it a shot! :P
I used Doom3Radiant (duh) to make it. Anyone else feel free to show off your work.

Yeah it's nothing special, but one has to start somewhere ;)

Lotsa curves! Pretty interesting! Makes my first Doom 3 map look even more "giant box"ish than it already was.

Oh yeah, and didn't you make a Doom2 Map07 remake for Quake 3?

...and i was going to show off my 2 rooms connected by a hallway and door :(

I like the program, except for the fact that it now starts Doom3 in a window instead of fullscreen (no prob)

I hope time and late hours will let me make my dreams of a resident evil-ish map set

Edit: How did you do the Railings along the floor edges??!!??!

AgentSpork said:

Oh yeah, and didn't you make a Doom2 Map07 remake for Quake 3?

Yeah! It's called Lively Complex.

destx said:

Looks cool, estimated build time?

A couple of hours.

SupremeGeneral said:

Edit: How did you do the Railings along the floor edges??!!??!

With cylinders!
Make a brush of roughly the size you want your cylinder to be. Select it and go to the "Patch" menu and then click cylinder.

EllipsusD said:

Very nice looking. How do make curved curves like that?

Some with "Cylinders", some with "Simple patch meshes."

Mogul said:

GET TO WORK ON HUB2 YOU SLACKER!!!! :D

NEVAARRRRHHHH!!!! :P

Looking pretty cool there Shaviro. How much of the complex do you have finished?

I started messing with the editor the other day and have only a hallway made (well my first two small maps I scrapped). I totally failed making a curved pipe last night....

Yeah, I dig the curves.

Btw, are those textures naturally green or are they affected by a certain light source?

all those curves make it look like ur peering through some seriously warped glasses (at least in the screenshots... im sure on the comp screen when ur playing it looks fine)

That kinda reminds me of a map in "Sweet Half-Life" in which a whole hallway is warped and distorted due to the gravity of Xen's teleports. This is that effect, but way cooler.

That is just so awesome. :D Shaviro for official Doom 3 level creator! Let's throw him back in time to make the official levels for Doom 3. :D

*takes gold medals from olympic dumbasses and hands to Shaviro
!*

Dude thies maps are insane, Give it a few months and your maps will be much better then carmacks.

That's pretty impressive stuff, is that gonna be multiplayer aswell?
Definetly on my to download list. I hope Doom 3 automatically downloads maps you haven't got.

Looks like a bunch of screens from Doom 3 itself. Very good work. You should make a Hell on Earth mod :P