Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Doomguy's fault?

At the part where the player sends the transmission for help in the communications center, Bergheur(sp?) warns not to send it.

Could this be the blame on how Doom2 starts from this point of view, due to calling for reinforcements and all the stuff Berg(sp?) was babbling about he'll zombify them and return to Earth with them along with demons as well?

This thread really should be in the spoiler section. If you haven't played it, do not read the next paragraph.

Bertruger is the bad guy. Swann is the guy who warns you not to do it, the guy who you see at the start arguing with the former about review of the facility. The outcome is the same either way you pick it. If you don't call them, then Bertruger calls them anyway. I personally trusted Swann because his sentiments matched my own - namely it would be better to die than run the risk of the demons making it to Earth.

I felt Sarge played his hand when talking about the comm card. He really wanted the fleet to come. I'd expect someone of his apparent character to be in line with Swann's thinking too.

Well, in classic Doom Hell follows you through the portal in the end. Ships weren't mentioned in demonic invasions until the Final Doom. So if you're implying that this is how Hell invades Earth in Doom2, you're mistaken. And besides, you play Doom3 with the understanding that Doom/DoomII don't exist.

But if you're saying this is is groundwork for an expansion, I would doubt that since Hell was repelled before the ships reach mars, and you're rescued by them.

Hell follows you through the portal in the end

You fallowed hell actually. Yea yea they worded it diferently but the city is up in flames when you return to earth anyways.

I see two things that may cause Hell on Earth.First there allready was a ship your ship, thatw as there when the invasion started. Someone or thing may have boarded it and created a hell on earth. The other is someone named Elizabeth. All ready on earth she may somehow be responsible for what happens. The marines that saved youre character ( appropriately traumatised in the end movie ) may land on earth to find it in ruins and you are ordered to stay on ship and when they get slaughtered blah blah. Just as in Doom 2. I really think at some point we will see Doom 2. They left it wide open.