Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
incubusspawn

VeteranDifficulty

The thing I noticed in Veteran, in fact the only thing Thing I noticed in Veteran is that Imps suddenly become a real threat, Single shotgun Imp buster headshots become a rarity. The rest of the bad guys seemed the same to me, or maybe it is just the way I play ie only hard monster setting that affected me was Imps.

That doesn't make sense. Because Imps are no more of a threat on nightmare than they are on Marine. Except one hit is more likely to kill you, but thats because you dont have much health. I dont see why veteran would change monster behaviour/strength when nightmare doesn't.

AirRaid said:

That doesn't make sense. Because Imps are no more of a threat on nightmare than they are on Marine. Except one hit is more likely to kill you, but thats because you dont have much health. I dont see why veteran would change monster behaviour/strength when nightmare doesn't.

Because it proved the game was too difficult during testing?

I don't think It'd make it that much harder. I mean it's not as if you'd run out of ammo.. I constantly have near full ammo for the shotgun and machinegun on nightmare.

I dont know about nightmare I tried it and found that low hit points was not the challenge I wanted, I wanted smarter more and tougher monsters. oh well. But I would imagine that with the hit point system in nightmare, if they did increase imp hit points, I doubt any but the most godlike fps player could ever beat the game in nightmare. or maybe they did increase thier hit points and youre aim is flawless and you dont have the occasional poor performance affecting youre aim :D I believe someone said there was more ammo in nightmare as well.

I didn't say you couldnt kill imps with one shot gun shot I said it was rare, youre aim has to be exact. I just thought it strange that the rest of the veteran changes had almost no affect on me. I think it is because unlike the imp you are fighting all the monsters tougher than the imp at range so the increased hitpoints and damage they do is almost not noticeable if you don't get hit a lot at range and are fairly good at aiming. Also the arch-viles are so easily taken out by the chainsaw, and with thier slow attacks they dont come anywhere near the challenge they where in doom. I used to fear them more than the SM and Cybie.

One of the monster ai's that really bugged me was that I expected the guys who teleport at you twice before doing a frontal charge, to actually teleport on my flank and suround me when there was more than one. :( That would have made them noticeably more difficult :( oh well. I loved the game anyway despite the linear game play and poor monster ai.