Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bmickman

Doom 3 on PS2?????

nope sorry. the ps2 does not have the kind of power needed to run doom 3. only the xbox is getting doom 3.

bmickman said:

Well that sucks big time.

it does, because i am a huge fan of the ps2 aswell but there is just no way in hell that Doom 3 would look good on it. the graphics would have to be lower than low with no effects for it to even run.

If you have a pc with at least minimum requirements, then buy it for PC.

Ricki said:

it does, because i am a huge fan of the ps2 aswell but there is just no way in hell that Doom 3 would look good on it. the graphics would have to be lower than low with no effects for it to even run.

If you have a pc with at least minimum requirements, then buy it for PC.

Well I don't have a PC with min. req. so I'm bumming for now.

Doom 3 will only be available for PC and XBOX. If it is going to come out for PS2, it won't be for a good long while.

S1lent said:

Doom 3 will only be available for PC and XBOX. If it is going to come out for PS2, it won't be for a good long while.

Even then, it'll probably be ported to the PS3 or some equivalent that Sony spawns from Hell.

bmickman said:

Is DOOM 3 going to be available to play on Playstation 2 anytime soon???

Thanks.

In all honesty my response to this is..

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHhahahahahha!

No

Quake 2 on the PSX was alright, and a big surprise since I didn't think the poor old grey box was capable of moving something like that.

there will be no doom3 port for PS2. even the X-Box port will need to be dumbed down, and it has the best tech of all of them right now.

however i am sure that furture systems will have ports, PS3, whatever replaces game cube, and X-box2. i recommend putting the money for a PC. the PC version will look far better. however if that isnt possible buy a new or used X-box. its only $150 for a new one, maybe $70 for used. just cuase it is form microsoft doesnt mean it isnt good. i always recommend PC.

As for game cube? NO! it will not be ported there either.

Sephiroth said:

there will be no doom3 port for PS2. even the X-Box port will need to be dumbed down, and it has the best tech of all of them right now.

I was under the impression that the GC was the most technically advanced console. I've certainly heard that the X-Box isn't good enough for a Resident Evil Zero port (at least, not without the engine being "dumbed down").

GC? The most technically advanced?

Oh please, that's the most ********** thing I've ever heard.

Edit: How is re-diculous a bad word???

Ricki said:

nope sorry. the ps2 does not have the kind of power needed to run doom 3. only the xbox is getting doom 3.

Dude, they have the exact same parts. Publishers are just making PS2 game look awful.

Demon Hunter said:

Dude, they have the exact same parts. Publishers are just making PS2 game look awful.

You're a moron.

i think the PS2 has a CPU that runs a 233Mhz, the GC is 450Mhz and Xbox is 733Mhz

the game cube and Xbox are closer than xbox and PS2. however in terms of raw power the Xbox is the winner.
truth be told, you can do alot with any system. look at the PS1, and a 10 year life span! I still see it being sold in major stores, hell we even sell it.
as for RE games, they may look great but remeber they usally have every background pre-rendered. veronica was the only one i recall that wasnt pre-rendered.
The PS2 could not handle Doom3, its too dated. hell even seemed a bit dated at the time. if you beefed up the GC with faster graphics and more storage then possibly it could handle doom 3
the Xbox version may look good, but will still not be anyware as cool as the PC version. I am willing to be we will be seeing doom II ported and reported for years to come. maybe in 10 years we can hold it in the palm of our hands

Verdale said:

GC? The most technically advanced?

Oh please, that's the most ********** thing I've ever heard.

Funny, the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard is that some people would even consider owning, let alone liking, a console made by Microsoft :P.

But anyway, considering the GC is about 1/4 the size of an X-Box and is around 80% as powerful, I'd say that makes it the most technically advanced. Note I didn't say more powerful, faster, etc, just "technically advanced".

Demon Hunter said:

As a PS2 fan I'd love to say you're right, but I'm afraid you're completey wrong. The PS2 is the most technically inferior of the three current generation consoles. Of course, that doesn't stop it having the best games :).

Black Hand said:

The very notion of Doom 3 on the Game cube is comical, and it has nothing to do with the GC's power.

Why is it "comical"? If you're talking about the fact the GC is aimed purely at kids, what about the aforementioned Resident Evil games? They're just as dark and gory as Doom 3.

Oh fuck, a console war...

PC > All consoles

The PS2 and Gamecube simply dont have enough power to run Doom 3, and thats the way it is. And those are JUST HARD FACTS, i'm not flaming those consoles in any other way. And i'm sure if ports COULD be made they WOULD be made, if anyone thinks "The publishers" want to make "thier" console look bad, well they are idiots (in fact they are idiots for having a console that is "thiers" anyway), publishers care about money, and that means selling as much stuff as possible on whatever format

Footnote: The only consoles i own are GB, GBC and GBA..And a Megadrive