Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hexbox

Doom Editor sectors

Using Doom editor, is there a way to 'explode' sectors? i.e. Can I split one sector up into many smaller ones?

Well, if what you are calling "Doom Editor" is DoomED, I would seriously recommend that you switch editors. Try Doom Builder, DeepSea, or WadAuthor. Those seem to be the most popular.

As for "exploding sectors" I have no clue.

hexbox said:

......is there a way to 'explode' sectors? i.e. Can I split one sector up into many smaller ones?

Are you referring to "exploding" a sector while editing, or during gameplay? It is not possible to create new sectors during gameplay; however, you can change sector attributes in-game so that it appears that the original sector is "exploding" or splitting into smaller sectors.

If you're asking about splitting sectors during the editing process, there are several wasy to do this. If you want each of the split sectors to be clones of (identical to) the original sector, you can alter the sector references of the split sectors to be the same as the parent sector. (Ask for help if you need more information.) If you want each split sector to be unique, then you simply create smaller sectors within the parent sector, and (depending on your editor) they will automatically have unique sector references.

hexbox said:

Using Doom editor, is there a way to 'explode' sectors? i.e. Can I split one sector up into many smaller ones?

i.e. is the same as 'in other words'.

Yes, the editors mentioned can split sectors. They each have different methods for doing so, but the idea is the same.