Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DMFDxUconn

My Little DooMer

I'm going to teach my kids how to take over the world, and I'll give them the self confidence to do it. Then one day they can spoil me rotten.

That IS a cute pic.
Reminds me of how I installed DOOM on the computers of a bunch of kids' parents. Those kids worshipped me afterwards, sort of like a role model, LOL!
That was several years ago....Those kids aint that young no more...But when I first met them, they were about the same age as this girl that I just saw here.... And I was like 14 back then.
Sweet memories :)

I let my 5- and 6-year old cousins play Doom at my grandparent's house, they were surprisingly good at it. Didn't strafe, though. :)

I had my moral doubts, but my grandmother insisted it was okay. She only had a problem with them playing Vice City.

My 6-year-old Chinese adopted cousin (who can't speak English too well) called it "Shoom."

iamthejake2000 said:
Didn't strafe, though. :)

Same thing with my daughter, i'm showing her the way though. She'll figure it out soon.

Try getting a spoiled rotten 5 year old that spends his/her time playing on consoles such as PS2 and X-Box to play Doom. It's not an easy thing. Chances are the little brat will say something along the lines of "omg thats so cheesy looking whys it so cheesy this game sux it dusnt look guud :("

If you're going to let your kids play video games, have them play older games, and hopefully they will learn to respect them for what they are and not what they look like. They may even realize that the older games are much, much better than the new games, anyway.

Yes, I realized that too, AgentSpork. I grew up with Doom from age 4, and I have the same respect for older games that the rest of my family (most have played Doom) has for it. However, when I loaded up the shareware on my 133MHz laptop, my friends said it sucked ass because there's no Room on top of Room.

that is freaking awesome my salutes to your daughter that is cool. I mean seriously, i believe that honestly more and more people in the world are starting to appreciate these good classics. Kudos to all of you who keep it alive

Heh, I remember how 2 years ago, when I was still in highschool, some kids would keep yelling: "DOOM sucks! Counter-Strike rules!" each and every time that they saw me walking in the hallways at lunch time.
They kept doing it on purpose, hoping that I would be swayed into their state of negligence and ignorance.
But, I refrained from doing so. I calmly kept saying: "If there was no DOOM, than there would never be any Counter-Strike" and then I kept walking away and minding my own business.
The spoiled brats refused to understand me, however. The same incident was repeated numerous times.....Thank God I'm out of highschool already!
Please don't let this happen to your cute little kids!
PEACE and prosperous DOOMing!

lol I did a Similar thing like that.I bought my cousin [hes 10]PSX Doom a while ago.He cant beat the barons in Phobos Anomaly.

My friend Brandon, started playing doom last year when he was 7,8, or 9 years old.

Sorry, I can't figure out his age.

Doom was the first pc game i played, I remember when my dad typed it the "yellow eyes guy" cheat as i called it. Is she yet accosiating cacodemons with tomatos as I once did? :P

hehe, next stop, doom3.

DD_133 said:

Doom was the first pc game i played, I remember when my dad typed it the "yellow eyes guy" cheat as i called it.

I called it "lights on mode". Only time in my life I didn't call the invinsibility cheat in FPS's God mode.