What do you use for music?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use for music?

• Windows Media Player
    • Quicktime
    • Realplayer
    • Winamp
    • Other (please specify)

Just post what you use to listen to your music or sounds or whatever with.

I use WMP 9 for about everything and Quicktime for .movs. Realplayer is stupid, but some retards have to use it because they think it's 1337. I use Winamp for stuff that WMP and Quicktime can't do.

Who the crap uses winamp? Everyone knows foobar2000 is much better, if you're serious about wanting good sound. Use winamp then use foobar2000. There's a few guides out there to do a few tweaks to foobar that takes about 5 minutes time just one time, and that's it, and it sounds way better then winamp.

DJ_Haruko said:

Winamp 2 (I refuse to use any higher version) for most stuff, WMP for CDs, CakeWalk for MIDIs, ModPlug for MODs and related formats.

Isn't there some serious security flaw in WinAmp 2 or something? I don't rememeber the details though..

Why not download WinAmp 5? It's got support for anything Version 2 has support for (including the less annoying skins that are actually usable)

Cannot stand WMP, Realplayer, or Quicktime's default player. For movies, I use Media Player Classic, which supports all of my codecs. For music, I have Winamp 5 (with a load of plugins), Modplug Player, Deliplayer (SIDs and Amiga Exotic), and GXSCC for Midis (which plays them as chiptunes).

It was winamp3 (and perhaps all versions thereafter considering the windows hooks), IIRC, that had some security issues.
I use winamp2.91 because all I do is listen.... if I want to hear something important, I play a CD.
and for the record, realplayer is 'useless garbage'.

I use Winamp and the occasional Windows Media Player.
For everything, there's Master Card. ;P

I use a portable CD player next to my computer, with its own set of speakers and a power adapter.

Those first three options should be stricken from the poll and all who voted for them must be taught the error of their ways.

There is no logical explaination to use anything other than Winamp when listening to music on your computer. Actualy, I'd much rather listen to something on CD, because CDs have far superior sound quality to any kind of .mp3 or .ogg or *******, but I havn't been able to find 90% of the CDs I want. But now I have a job and soon...SOON I shall be able to order stuff online.

Winamp.

The last time I used Quicktime on the old computer, it associated itself with every media file known, which was not exactly what I wanted. Most of the time when I attempted to download/open such a file, Quicktime would complain about the file being corrupted. The moment I finally "uninstalled" Quicktime, the files still tried to open itself with it-- It didn't uninstall completely. I've never touched Quicktime since then.

xmms first, then gxine, totem, mplayer when xmms does not work... and gnome-cd for the CDs'.

How is whatnot not a word? I've been using it all my life and no one has told me I was wrong. Of course, it really isn't a real word, but rather a made up one. So why would someone have a beef with it and now, say, mongliness. That's not a real word and I see no censors for it.

CD player, Media Player, TiMidity, and some version of Zinf (for OGG files.)

Danarchy said:
Of course, it really isn't a real word, but rather a made up one.

All words are thus.

Heh, no one has voted Realplayer! Well, I guess we don't use it casually, only if we HAVE to use it...

myk said:

All words are thus.

Exactly. Thus I reserve my right to use any word I feel like.

Danarchy said:
There is no logical explaination to use anything other than Winamp when listening to music on your computer.

Actually, Winamp *still* can't play MODs properly even after years of (half-assed) "MOD support". So I use ModPlug for MODs.

Winamp 5, a 20 dollar cd player Iv'e had for 5 years. After all the 80 dollar Sony cd players Iv'e bought burnt out, this one still works.

I think Modplug comes with a Mod-Midi converter, it sucks about as much as Modplug's Midi support in general though.