Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
biowolf

system spec

can anyone tell if my system will run doom 3 ok.i have a pentium 4 3ghz ,1 ghz ddr ram,geforce fx 5600 128mb grafix card.thanks biowolf.

1 GHZ DDR RAM?! Do you mean 1 gig of ram, or do you have some INSANELY fast ram?

Your processor is GREAT
Your memory is GODLIKE if it runs at 1ghz
Your grapics card is a little dated. May hinder you a bit.
Your sound = ?

Yeah. It should run nicely at medium settings, until you get a bigger GFX card.

Medium?

I have a P4 @ 2.4 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, NVidia GeForce FX 5200 w/ 128 MB, and an on-board sound card and I can run it at high with an high of 40 FPS and a lowest of 15 (in some places in Hell).

I say run it on high, and if you want to give up the better graphics for a few extra frames, try medium.

Well, I recommended medium so he wouldn't have to bear the heartbreak of 15fps. It'll run higher, just not so smoothe. With a few tweaks, he could prolly get it running gravy tho.

It's his choice, but let me say this. The only time I experienced the 15 FPS was for a few minutes in Hell with that big stone that goes up and down and creates the monsters.

I'm running

AMD 1.4
512megs ddr ram
GeForce4 Ti5400 (128 meg)

first installed DOom3 and it ran like crap. Did some researching and played with the system options a little bit. Still with it on low and everything off it ran like CRAP!

Got the idea of updating video card driver. HOLY COW

what a difference. I tried out the 61.77's and Doom 3 runs BEAUTIFULLY especially for a low spec sys like mine. Everything on, Medium quality, and at 800x600 it runs smoothly.

However i can't access and see my FPS through the counsel. I know the command is com_drawfps 1 but everytime i try that it says unknown command. So if anybody has any suggestions let me know :)

Mgmc said:

However i can't access and see my FPS through the counsel. I know the command is com_drawfps 1 but everytime i try that it says unknown command. So if anybody has any suggestions let me know :)

com_showfps 1

Bloody hell, if it runs smoothly on the aforementioned specs then i should be laughing all the way to Hell :D