Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BuzWeaver

Head Shot Player

How many of you go for head shots? I’ve noticed that even the bigger monsters seem to drop better when you’re going for head shots, do you think it makes a difference?

I typically aim for the neck/chin area to compensate for movements.

Seeming as I won't have the game for another good week (Damn amazon) I cant really go for any, and I will probably be too scared to care where the hell im firing. (Pun intended) I dont like the look of that brain gib technique though, It sort of pops out, I want it to SPILL out.

*drools*

I usually aim at most zombie´s head and sometimes the arch vile. Imps can also be taken down with a headshot, but you rarely hit them there, because they are so agile and fast.

I aim waist high, if theres a demon throwing or launching something at you, shooting waist high will usually take out whatever it is coming your way.

I aim for their fun bags. too bad they dont grab them and scream in pain. i dont think it really matters with zombies, after all some of them are missing heads

Hmm... there was a game I played before when you shot someone in the balls and they died, they fall down grabbing them and there'd be this funny "BOINK" sound.

the player guide says you do +25% damage from headshots on zombies and cherubs, i forgot what other monsters- there are a couple though.

I always shoot for the head, and if it's a headless zombie I shoot for the bloody stump that is the neck/lower jawbone left over.

Yeah, headshots do more damage. If you open up pak000.pk4 and look at the monster definition files in the def folder, you can find a line called "damage_scale head" and a number next to it that indicates how much extra damage is done with headshots.

You can kill a zombie with about 4 or 5 bullets of the pistol, if you shoot at his torso. You can kill a zombie with 2 or 3 shots in the head. Headshots definitely do help at bringing the demons down.

definitely headshots...im used to games where HS do 3x as much damage as body shots :/

It takes to long for me to aim at the head. But the time my hideosly bad mouse decides to go head level, I'm dead. I seriously need a gaming mouse. And no change the in game (or control panel) sentivity doesn't work. It makes it worse.

Heh. 3 pistol shots in the head for a zombie. 2 for a trite - in the head - though I don't think it matters, heh. Doesn't matter with HKs, since I usually opt for rockets with them. Archviles are irrelevant, because the chainsaw kills them before they're done making their dramatic intro pose. Cacos are just heads...so yeah. Revenants are best taken out with the plasma rifle, which I generally shoot in the upper chest or head - it takes out their rockets and scores headshots both. Lost souls...another strictly "head" enemy and are a pain no matter what. Your best bet is a pistol from afar if you're a marksman or a chaingun, machine gun or plasma rifle up close. The wraiths and maggots are a joke since they're easy enough to jibe into taking a missed attack which leaves them open for a blast from the shotgun. Imps are best approached in a zig-zag pattern with a shotgun blast aimed at their torso. Z-Secs are easy fare if you use the machine gun aimed higher towards their heads or if you hear their radio chatter, wait by a doorway and pick them off with a shotgun as they come in. Mancubi are best dealt with a chaingun, aimed toward their Cthulu heads or just rockets...I'm sure I missed something, hahah.

Aside from headshots I find crouching around a corner then shooting into the torso with the shotgun as a pretty effective one shot one kill. If you’re good at placing grenades you can typically knock out a monster with one blast.