Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

glEDGE again

So, I've downloaded glEDGE, and lo and behold, it actually doesn't run at .1 FPS and it doesn't crash unexpectedly. Plus it supports Dynamic Lighting (some sweet stuff), Shadows, True 3D Gameplay, and some other stuff. It has a console, but I don't know exactly how to use it. glEDGE didn't come with a readme.txt that I could find, and I need to know how to load WADfiles into it. Could somebody tell me how to load WADs using glEDGE? Thanx in advance.

Why can't ANYONE EVER give me a straight answer?!?!

HOW do you load WADs/levels using glEDGE?!

Plus it supports Dynamic Lighting (some sweet stuff), Shadows, True 3D Gameplay, and some other stuff.

holy shit, i never knew that. </sarcasm>

It has a console, but I don't know exactly how to use it.

ever heard of quake?

I need to know how to load WADfiles into it. Could somebody tell me how to load WADs using glEDGE?

Stupidity cannot be concealed.

Damnit, it's the same with every source port. "-file dbnocock.wad".

Guest Fanatic

doomboy:

Console isn't really used right now, we had some plans for a Quake-like/ZDOOM-like console, but haven't gotten to finishing it.

You load WAD's just like with any other DOOM or DOOM source port engine, using -file [wad].wad. Nothing new there.

If it's running super slow FPS, you are probably running GL in software mode. Make sure you have DirectX 8+, and you have FULL openGL drivers installed, not a midi-gl driver (like the ones used with GLQUAKE or Quake 2).

For more information, see http://edge.sourceforge.net.