Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avalanche96

Warning for Ungibbable Mod Users! *Minor Spoiler*

When I was browsing the forums the other day I came to the one called 'Dont like demons burning away? Try this'. I really liked the idea of playing with permenant monster corpses so I installed the one called 'nitrogore', which I believe is from the third link, and I found one MAJOR drawback. You cannot complete the game. When you reach Cyberdemon, you will notice that as long as this mod is on, no demons respwan, IE you cannot refill the soul cube. I'm not sure if this applies to all versions of any ungibbable mod, but I just wanted to get a warning out to anyone else who downloaded it so that they would not face the disapointment I did.

The original Ungibbable mod of the same name only stops the burn away effect for 60 seconds, so it will merely take a little longer to kill the Cyberdemon. This is only a theory as i havent tested it myself.

NiGTMARE: depends. i had completed only 3/4 of the game up to that point WITHOUT the mod, and after using the mod whenever the game autosaved or i saved manually the save file would only show up while the mod was installed, and the last save file to appear without it was the area i had last saved minus the mod.

Majuub: this one must not be the original then. i wish i could remember which of the three i d/l, but the corpses never burned away.

If you had any common sence at all you'd know you could just replace the pk4 in the ungibbable mod(with a mod that has gibbing like flashlight mod or shit) and redo the last level over.

you can stick most mods straight into the doom3 base folder, that way you dont need to turn them on by accessing the mods section of the game (if you dont want to use them anymore you just delete or move them out of the base folder).
I tested the not spawning theory in an earlier part of the game, it was a bit where you kill a imp and instantly see a shotgun zombie come running past the other side of a window to come and get you, well i tried that same spot again with ungibble in my base folder and i killed the imp again but the zombie never appeared.

Avalanche96 said:

You cannot complete the game. When you reach Cyberdemon, you will notice that as long as this mod is on, no demons respwan, IE you cannot refill the soul cube. I'm not sure if this applies to all versions of any ungibbable mod, but I just wanted to get a warning out to anyone else who downloaded it so that they would not face the disapointment I did.

Knock the demons off the edge into the lava and they'll respawn so you can fill up your soul cube.

Raptor said:

If you had any common sence at all you'd know you could just replace the pk4 in the ungibbable mod(with a mod that has gibbing like flashlight mod or shit) and redo the last level over.

Shit you're right. I must have no common sence (?) at all for not trying that. Just like how you must have no intelligence for misspelling sense. No need to flame, douchebag, I was just trying to inform people who might have needed that advice.