Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

I need my Doom fix so I.....

Ordered Doom 2 for Gameboy Advance to play on my GBA SP here at work while I do the internet tech support thing. heh.

Has anyone else had to calm a Doom, D2, D3 urge and if so how did you do? Read a Doom book? Draw a picture?

ZiGZaG said:

Ordered Doom 2 for Gameboy Advance to play on my GBA SP here at work while I do the internet tech support thing. heh.

Has anyone else had to calm a Doom, D2, D3 urge and if so how did you do? Read a Doom book? Draw a picture?

I started visiting these forums and played some of Zdoom before i got D3.

gatewatcher said:

What does any of that have to do with Doom3? Pointless.

Yea well, what else is there to talk about with Doom 3? It's all been said and said and said in these forums and any other forum you get on...I'd rather make a post about something semi-creative instead of "I'm Lost" or "What if" or "Graphics this" and "Sound Sucks That" and once all those get beat into the ground what happens? People think of "new" things to post about which is about the same said topics that have been beat into the ground with different wording...

Every topic about doom 3 after it's 2 week frenzy and play is done out and pointless now.

I've played the game 4x on all difficulties, don't really plan on playing through it again until a new mod comes out, or an expansion pack...since there is no co-op pve mode. Deathmatch sucks as well.

Doom 3 at almost 2 weeks after release is already "been there done that, waiting on something better" *shrug*

Since you want to bring up pointless...lets talk about pointless...

I'm sure DM will improve in a month or so when everyone has the power to run it well and lots of new drivers and mods have been introduced.

Yea well, what else is there to talk about with Doom 3?

Not a lot, until serious modding starts

But that doesnt change the fact you posted this in the wrong place

Oh well...I guess you wannabe mods are right...is that what you want to hear?

Send the post to hell for all I care it's pretty much went to that because people want to be sticklars about something that may contain any information on any of the Dooms. *shrug*

Go talk about the same ole crap in another thread heh.

In preparation of Doom3, I played through Doom and Doom2 in Hurt me Plenty mode. I took my time to discover most secrets and play it like I would play it for the second or third time (not for the 10000th :) )

Hehe right, I sort of done the same thing but after I finished D3 I decided to blow the dust off my older versions of Doom and Doom 2 and play them again also. It was a lot of fun. Now I'm refreshing myself on building maps again. I'm working on one right now that should be done in a few weeks (I only have 1 hour at night when I get in from work to work on it). I'm using doom 2 wad for the build and and building it with jdoom in mind. I'm trying to recreate the Doom 3 feel, not level per level but just the general atmosphere as best I can with sector lighting, dark hallways dark areas in rooms and suprise Imp attacks hehe.