Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gremlin

Reticle on target.

The behavior of the reticle seems dicked up. It seems that it only turns red while firing the weapon when you're on target. I would think it should turn red when the reticle is over the target regardless of whether or not the weapon is being fired. Its a pain in the ass trying to do the job in dark and imp smoke.

Of course...I could be whacked.

Gremlin

*whacks you up side the head* there you are... :)

i really dont see a prob, i mean thats cheating by letting you know whats in the dark.. if you cant see it how should you know its there? there arent any hit boxes so you have to know if you hit their leg or if the shot went go between cos its still a game

In addition, in MP a "beep" sound accompanies the flashing reticle when you hit an enemy. Try firing a rocket & running off. If you deal ANY dmg (splash/direct) to the target, ur reticle will go red & u'll hear the beep sound.

And why would u want the reticle to glow when it's on an enemy? This game is all about darkness & stuff u can't see. I could forsee ppl abusing it by sweeping the room 'till their x-hairs go red, then shootin'.

Thank you sir may I have another!;^)

Thanks for the replies. All good points. I suppose I was comparing it to other games, Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast specifically, where the reticle lights up when you're over the target. Thats a different game entirely though with lots of open spaces and good visibility. It makes sense that in D3 when the vis is restricted your aim would be degraded.

Of course the bad guys see just fine in the dark. I wonder if the smoke degrades their aim? (I know. I know. Shut up and play) ;^)

Gremlin