Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been watching the olympics on and off since they started, and I thing that the gymnastics stuff is amaizing. guys flying like 15 feet in the air doing flips. girls flipping and landing on a smal bar, over and over again. that stuff is crazy, it rally makes me realize how out of shape I am. any how is any one else watching, or am I alone?

I haven't watched too much of it yet, but I'm more interested in what's going on with Iran. That guy should be tossed out of the games permanently.

I've been watching as much as NBC shows, which is a decent amount I suppose. It's obviously very US-centric and they don't have that great of a variety in the sports covered, but it's my only choice.

Watched the butterfly stroke swimming, the british guy won, so yay

Also saw some of the gymnastics, some of the chinese blokes in that where hot, then Waking the dead came on..

I'm waiting for sport that isn't boring to watch to be invented. Still, the gymnastics are the best thing the olympics have got.

The olympics rule! If not then, when are you going to cheer for your fellow countrymen (or people hailing from your region of the world, at least, or something) in a bunch of sports you've never heard of, nor cared about?

Kristian Ronge said:

The olympics rule! If not then, when are you going to cheer for your fellow countrymen

When our soldiers are caught abusing their PoWs or when our millionaires openly blow off charities. Or when my countrymen fall on their asses, I'll cheer twice as loud if they break something, I'll clap if it's life endangering or requires surgery.

The Olympics are teh suck.

Actualy, I kinda like the Winter Olympics because it's fun to watch people slide down hills of ice. Wheee!

The extent of my Olympics viewing is switching over to NBC during the Steelers game and catching some of the synchronized diving.

What a dumb idea, this synchronized diving business. I mean they leap off a diving board 30 feet above a swimming pool backwards, do all sorts of crazy flips and stuff, and then they have to make a perfect dive into the water. Of course, all of this has to be in exact unison.

Then the judges go through and nitpick the dumbest shit, like "his arm is about three degrees off from the other guy's arm, their score is going to take a beating for that."

Janderson said:

I'm looking forward to the special olympics myself.

Haha, those were going on in Ireland at the same time I was there last summer. It got annoying after a while, but it was funny driving through these towns with a population of like 3,000 people in the middle of nowhere with huge banners saying "THIS TOWN IS GLAD TO HOST THE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SPECIAL OLYMPICS TEAM," or some other obscure country.

I couldn't give less of a damn about the Olympics. The countries that base their pride on how well their athletes do is a crock. Not even a quarter of the population they have is even that fit (*cough*...US...*cough*). It's all comparable to the idiotic high school pride thing.

Omg it is an event dedicated to human acheivement and peaceful, non-harmful competition, therefore it is WRONG, it also has events for men and women, implying there is equality of the sexes, this is WRONG, and it also imples that all races are equal and have an equal chance to win, this is WRONG, in other news..THOSE PETA ASSHOLES ARE ANTI-AMERICAN COMMIES11111111 OMG MY SHIFT KEY DONT WORK, IT mUST HAVE BEEN HACKED BY GAY ATHEISTS1111

deathbringer said:
Omg it is an event dedicated to human acheivement and peaceful, non-harmful competition, therefore it is WRONG, it also has events for men and women, implying there is equality of the sexes, this is WRONG, and it also imples that all races are equal and have an equal chance to win, this is WRONG, in other news..THOSE PETA ASSHOLES ARE ANTI-AMERICAN COMMIES11111111 OMG MY SHIFT KEY DONT WORK, IT mUST HAVE BEEN HACKED BY GAY ATHEISTS1111

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure we are better off with the Olympics then without it.

But it's still dull.

I haven't really watched it since the last time I was up at my Dad's cabin a few years back. The TV there only has one channel or so, so it was all there was to watch.

You guys are all weird. How could you not like the Olympics?! The whole idea that your country should crush everyone else is only found in the US and maybe China or something. If you're from a more athletically humble country (like Sweden) it's more about watching individuals competing to be the best in the world, no matter where they're from.

david_a said:

You guys are all weird. How could you not like the Olympics?!

Because most of the events are just really dull?

Kid Airbag said:

Because most of the events are just really dull?

What, you require cheerleaders and blaring music for something to be entertaining?

david_a said:

What, you require cheerleaders and blaring music for something to be entertaining?

No, I require something that's slightly more captivating than people swimming back and forth. If I want to see that, I'll take a five minute drive to the local swimming pool.

Kid Airbag said:

No, I require something that's slightly more captivating than people swimming back and forth. If I want to see that, I'll take a five minute drive to the local swimming pool.

Pitch ball, run, catch ball, repeat

But anyway, the american/australian pool showdown was truly awesome and actually has turned me on to watching the olympics.

Oh and Water Polo is brutal

david_a said:

No, but most of the events at the summer olympics could use some of that.

gatewatcher said:

No, but most of the events at the summer olympics could use some of that.

I guess the beach volleyball is right up your alley, then?