Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

Headsets for Doom3

I was thinking of buying a set of headphones for my computer primarily to play Doom 3. My main system is in the livingroom where my wife and kids are usually at, so I'm forced to play most of the time with the volume almost all the way down to a whisper.

Anyone have headphones? What brand? and how well do they work?

I would like something with some decent bass sound (not blow your ear drums thumping but I nice deep tone).

I use headphones.

I've had them for years, they're Sony headphones.

For good sound for a video game, get real headphones that completely cover your ears. Don't get any type of "walkman" headphones that insert into your ears or anything like that.

A decent set of headphones that completely cover your ears can be bought for 30 bucks I bet.

The game sounds great with headphones on.

I got a 14$ pair of phillips headphones. I don't know the model but they have great bass, and they go around the back of your head. Oh yeah, the connector is gold plated :D
[edit]
Here is a small picture of what they look like, they stand out at walmart quite well ;)

myself? i just got some cheap?($45) logitech set from radio shack. play TFC quite regularly and was told it seemed to do the trick quite fine (actually a few people said it sounded like i was sitting right there, when we were in the basement of the 2fort map?)... still too new at D3, so i haven't ventured much into the multiplayer realm.

but even for the convenience factor alone of leaving everybody outside the game unaffected, you also leave yourself unaffected by things outside. i wouldn't game any other way...

now, if i lived in a house, i'm sure i'd be inclined to use headphones less than i do (actually i don't even have speakers). good for free long distance calls too with yahoo etc.

cheers, hope this helped

I have "Sennheiser hd 420 sl", are a bit old, but are very good
headphones.
I suggest you a new Sennheiser model.

-mario

I use a Sennheiser PC 155 headset, clear sound, awesome bass, and if Doom 3 ever gets voice communications, I'm all set.