Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S1lent

What did you like most?

ALright, this time, flaws aside, what did you like most about Doom 3?

Once again, this is not a flame thread, please keep it that way. Please do not post what things you hated most about D3 because this is about the best thing of Doom. Thanks.

I would have to say that I liked use of the scary environment for a lot of the spooky stuff in the game.

I liked the flames...why not talk about the flames in Doom 3? The arch-vile had a nice flame effect. j/k

I liked the over all feel of Doom 3, the interaction with objects etc. I also liked the ending, other than the cyberdemon being to easy! which I hate tha I hate the fact that...oh that's right this was a fluffy love thread. Sorry.

-the new engine
-that id built in ALL of the original weapons and most monsters
-Classic Monsters: Mancubus/Cyberdemon
-New Monsters: Vagary
-The Zombies. They´re AWESOME!!!
-The PDA. Adds a LOT of depth to the atmosphere.
-The unified fire/use key.
-The alpha labs (among other parts of the game)
-The awesome mars surface with red sandstorms and stuff

-The simple fact that id brought back this fantastic franchise after 10 years!

2nd place: The graphics. unHoly crap. Nothing really needs to be said

1st Place: Gui Surfaces. By far one of the most important new thing id brought to the entire genre, In my opinion its avery big deal

Random: Some good monster design and boss fights.

GIANT MACHINES THAT DO STUFF

Yeah you cant really interact with them much, but their

GIANT MACHINES THAT DO STUFF

REally, no sarcasm i thought all the expanding bridges and pumping thingies were cool, i literally spent about 10% of the game holding down Zoom staring at them

very good and detailed level design.

The Mars Base looks real, it looks like something that was designed to be a base, and not designed simply to be a game level. It didn't get overly repetitve either.

The big machines moving around fit in with the atmosphere, and for the most part didn't come off as simply a big platform that makes you jump properly.

The Hell level was awesome. Blew me away.

The lighting and sound make the game. Both are top notch.

The environment. So much detail was put into it, you have to admire it. Also, the enemies are surprisingly life-like, which adds to the suspense.

The atmosphere. I loved getting the shit scared out of me, but unfortuneately it doesn't happen much. When you seek something out you tend to get too used to it. Doom 3 scares me more than anything else has ever.

- The chaingun, the plasma rifle, the rocket launcher and the BFG.

- The physics. Really feels great to pump pistol rounds into a zombie because of it.

- Some monster and weapons designs.

- Hell and the "Hellified" areas.

- probably more stuff that I can't think of right now.

Technician said:

One word. Fat zombies.

Two words... Fat + Zombies...
:)

The new design of our enemies is great, and the lighting is just perfect...Nice atmosphere too...
What I like the most? : Doom3
Nothing less, nothing more...

I really enjoyed the new enemies most, the cherubs and the maggots were especially cool. The rocket launcher effects were amazing, I love how the air distorts due to the heat in the explosions. The lighting is amazing, I don't think I can play another game and be satisfied with anything less than real-time lighting.

The atmosphere. As well as the hell-tentacle-growth thingies. I spent ages making a kitchen area look like it was covered with them when i first used the editor. The shotgun needs to spread less though >_< .

I like the graphics,lighting,music,guns,monsters.
Only that multiplayer is a littlebit dissapointing,but that singleplayer that is an scary experiance.
To me this game is the pefect game,my money was well spend.