Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bregar

Fatal1ty @ Quakecon

Well as you know Fatal1ty won the big $25000 first Doom 3 tournament. Here's a pic of him with his check.

http://www.lanpartybox.com/coppermine/albums/adminpics/Quakecon2004/day3/PICT1173.JPG

The funny thing is that I heard people boo'ed him alot when he went to recieve his prize.

Theres a whole gallery from Pics from Quakecon on teamchenbro.com
Pics of Fatal1ty, czm, zero4 and stuff. Check it out!

Bregar said:

The funny thing is that I heard people boo'ed him alot when he went to recieve his prize.

They are probably jealous ;)

Yeah, he puts a lot of dedication and hard work into what he does (gaming), so I am happy for him

Man, that must be nice to get all that money just for playing a PC game :)

He wins almost every contest he enters, I guess they don't like him winning the big tournaments all the time....kinda like the Yankees.

Got to hand it to him; he has the RAW fps gamer talent... he's just 'good' with the rail, not great.... but Doom3 has no rail. ;)
funny how when UT went to the tournament level, he went there and won too. His victory in UT and Doom3 really says a lot for his talent.
His only real flaw is the ability to play on the run... if he can't be aggressive, he never wins.
The tourney D3 demos looked like a bunch of gamers playing on the weekend, not 'pro' quality action. and the maps are like UT2003 meets Quake3 dm maps... boring, uncreative room-by-room stuff. ugh.

There were some pretty good matches in my opinion. along with some big names their such as Wombat, Daler, Cl0ck, chaoticz, and fatal1ty of course.

I can't wait for Doom 3 osp to come out so the multiplayer gets 100% better and will be much more tourney friendly.

Deathmatcher said:

Does this guy play for a living or does he have a real job? Then again, he looks like 15.

He's in his early or mid 20s. This is what he does for a living. He travels all around the world manking tons of cash just by beating a few people in a PC games....I wish I had a job that fun and that easy :P

In addition to gaming he has his company Fatal1ty Inc. and is working with abit and others to release hardware just for gamers. He's over in Europe and Asia now doing a large Fatal1ty shootout tour. Pretty busy young man.

teamchenbro.com

I think its a good idea to have girls there. I mean most of those people at those kind of events probably had no social life whatsoever and never really got around girls.

tonic said:

I think its a good idea to have girls there. I mean most of those people at those kind of events probably had no social life whatsoever and never really got around girls.

So yeah, they are out of place. :)

tonic:
"I think its a good idea to have girls there. I mean most of those people at those kind of events probably had no social life whatsoever and never really got around girls."

You are prejudiced against those kind of people...Sad...