Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

Voice overs done in game..

I hate to make 2 posts back to back but...

Does anyone reconize any of the voices in the game done on the PDA's? Some sound familiar but they all sound like professional voice actors. Also does anyone have a list of the names of who done the voices? I may have missed it in the ending credits. I just thought of it and never really paid attention before.

They could have gotten "normal" folk to do the voice overs for the PDA's I don't think some sweaty scientist that's been down in the belly of a mars base for any length of time would have a "Let's Make a Deal" voice. There is no fear in the voice or weariness or anything of that nature. About the only emotion I've picked up on is disgust.

I use to work in medical transcription and the doctors I've listen to and had to transcribe reports for sound way worse than the scientists/doctors on the PDA's. I mean you would hear some doctor dictating while on the shitter, frying an egg, chewing gum, jogging on a tredmil etc.

Not sure.

But I, for one, really like most of the voicing. I especially like Counselor Swann's voice.

Verdale said:

Not sure.

But I, for one, really like most of the voicing. I especially like Counselor Swann's voice.

Don't get me wrong it is very easy to understand them and the voice is crystal clear. Seems like they would have had some studder or like a pause and say "um" or have someone chewing gum or something. Something besides sounding like they're "live and on the air".

If you are referring to the audio logs, then that is because they ARE live and on the air in their PDA log. And if you ever actually listened to the PDA you found in Hell, the one guy is like going insane he goes something like "One second I was with my group and then I turned around... and, well, they were gone. Now I've been trapped... here... in this... place, for what seems forever. The, the shadows are following me... but they do not harm me... it seems that the, uhm... demons are taunting me"

And I like the log that says "Idiots, I changed the code to 1234 and they still forget it."

Plus, if you mean Counselor Swann, that's just because he and his lackey are bad ass.

Anyways, yes, most of the logs could they have done better with, I agree. But as far as the gum chewing and crap, then it might as well be those Duke Nukem monotoned voices going "YEA, SHAKE IT" when giving money to the girls on the poles.

Yea the guy on edge in hell was cool, I'm just use to hearing recordings that actually sound more...I don't know how to describe it. Even the nervous guy in hell still sounded "on the air". I guess since they were more than likely professional voice actors they just have that radio quality sound in their voice no matter what.

Yeah, hard to make a professional voice actor sound like an idiot.

They should have just hired some random people and have them done the voices. Would have saved them a lot of money. (Not like they don't have enough.)