Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HybridMutant

What was the most annoying way you died?

Mine was when i was being terrorised by an Imp, and insted of pulling out my shotgun. I whiped out a Flashlight. I know it's extremly stupid to do something like thant but oh well. I'm not normally that clumsey.

Trying to use a Health station while holding the rocket launcher isn't good for the ego... when you're just out of range.

ERROR: The current video card / driver combination does not support the necessary features

hmm I would have to say in a sea of HybridMutant Topic Posts in the D3 forum...oh...you said death...hmmm...ducked behind a barrel when a chaingun commando was on me looked at it was the kind that goes boom...Jumped up to run back and BOOM.

Hehe, yeah. HybridMutant, when you´ve just completed the game you cold have opened a thread that includes all your different impressions. Just a suggestion :)

For me, running into a room full of monsters without having reloaded the weapons was always good for a death. "DAMN, I - SHOULD - REALLY - HAVE - PUT - SOME - SHELLS - INTO - THIS - ..UGGGGGHHHH"

HybridMutant said:

Sorry, is posting a lot become illegal all of a sudden if you must complain then don't post on the threads at all.

Hell no you wanna spam a post count I'm gonna reply to them if I have something to say to get my post count up :P

Most annoying and embarrassing way I've died... hmm...

Oh yeah, it was right after the invasion and the guy just turned into a zombie, and I went to kill him and some pop-ups from the crap adware on my computer popped up and he killed me by the time I could actually close the windows and see again.

facing 3 zombies and one imp at same time
I pressed many times the "F" key because the char seems to be stuck holding the flashlight, and horror.. the character suddenly changed 5 times from shotgun to flashlight and got killed cus of it -_-

Verdale said:

Most annoying and embarrassing way I've died... hmm...

Oh yeah, it was right after the invasion and the guy just turned into a zombie, and I went to kill him and some pop-ups from the crap adware on my computer popped up and he killed me by the time I could actually close the windows and see again.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com
http://safer-networking.org
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html are your best friends to remove it.

On the topic, Silliest way to die was walking along the narrow walkway on the way to the top of the comm dish after deploying a sentry bot and dealing with a Zsec shield zombie and 2 cacos.

What I didn't know there was a narrow walkway and I inadvertantly fell to my death and I was like WTF, cause I did not know the walkway was skinny because I assumed there was normal ground there, but no, I fell to my death.

I almost died a couple of months ago triying to climb Guagua Pichincha here in Ecuador... it was cold and I was tired, so I was going to freeze my ass, my brother died that way... I want to be original.

Be as original as you want, as long as you're on the right topic.

Worst way I died was when I was fighting a Revenant just before stopping the gas leaks and heading to the monorail. We were in that cramped storage area with the toxic barrels, and we were both firing rockets at each other. Well, my rocket hit one of his, and the whole room went up.

That damn Revvy lived, too. Bastard.

At one point you come accross a scientist in a cramped area with some machinery, including a crusher. He was in my way so I tried to circle around him and got whomped.

The most annoying way is when you start exploring things, and want to jump over a railing from a walkway to the plain metal floor just a little bit below it. Except that that plain metal floor is apparantly really, really Evil and you die instantly. Hm :(

Stupid way? Going into a SMALL area with the Rocket Launcher (dumb) and then blasting like mad when I get startled. Stupid. heh

I had just gotten to the area in Communications Transfer where I have to call down an elevator, find oxygen and fight off Trites. One of the Trites knocked me into the elevator area just before it came down and turned me into a pancake.

The Lost Souls are also annoying as hell. Thank goodness g_doubleVision is "0" by default.

Always in a boss fight if I fell into whatever lava/void pool they happened to have placed there.

This happened when I fought Sarge and it happened when I fought Cybie. If I'm gonna die in a boss fight, I want the boss to kill me - not some stupid environmental hazard.

The new cybie is wicked awesome, but I really wish he was harder; his rockets travel too slow and he doesn't appear to be aiming at the ground, making it too easy to dodge his rockets - instead they made the arena in some volatile area where you could easily fall into the Hell gate (which is apparently deadly to humans), bah!