Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HybridMutant

What was the most annoying way you died?

While I was demorecording a complete doom2 -fast run, I died in map30 surrounded with lost souls and 2 archviles. Twas a few years back, it woulda been the compet-n record, but I nailed the 30fa demo a few days later :)
Probably the death I hated most in my gaming history.
(sorry not doom3 related)

If you knew it was not Doom 3 related, and this is a Doom 3 area, than why would you still post it?

When I was running past an explosive barrel while out on the Martian surface, and literally got blown off on top of some giant distant cliff before running out of air.

Just walk around backwards, it’ll increase your chances of finding some random PDA clearance plus you’ll cut your unexpected enemy encounters in half.

What really annoyed me just because it did but I beat them after a few tries were those two little fuckers before you goto hell that come outta the portal from hell and shoot the blue plasma shit at you and your like running around like a chicken with your head cut off dieing over and over and getting pissed which makes me worse because I get pissed.

most annoying death for me would have to be in hell and getting nocked off a platform by a lost soul. God amn that pissed me off

victim of a bouncy 'nade. heard some noises at the bottom of a lift, tossed a grenade down and it bounced right back up to me. thought i was in a cartoon...

You should have known that grenades in the future are just bouncy balls with explosives inside them.

I mean, come on, it's common knowledge! ^.^

I fell off the walkway in the reactor room in Delta while trying to avoid some Lost Souls. Man that was painful :).....

Here is another:

Area where that scientist telling me to watch my shots or the whole area will blow....well let's say I was down in that area fighting 3 maggots and suddenly an explosion took me out, there were no barrels nearby so I assume a single bit of stray buckshot hit one of those energy capsules by accident...

As I stepped out of the elevator, I hear a creepy voice tell me, "over here"... it sounded like it came from the open elevator shaft to my left... I crept over to it, expecting to see some poor schmuck splattered on the ground floor... pesky imp shows up and gives me a shove... I became the poor schmuck splattered on the ground floor.

It was great

LOL, my first encounter with the Cyberdemon in Doom 2:

As for Doom 3, flashlight technical difficulties

and lets not forget running out of your one minute of air on the fine Martian Landscape :)

...and no, the magazine didnt make it that day :(

Lupin-III said:

As I stepped out of the elevator, I hear a creepy voice tell me, "over here"... it sounded like it came from the open elevator shaft to my left... I crept over to it, expecting to see some poor schmuck splattered on the ground floor... pesky imp shows up and gives me a shove... I became the poor schmuck splattered on the ground floor.

It was great

That has happened to me before too, minus the imp. I walked in instead

Lupin-III said:

It was great

Same here, but I was smarter. I passed by quick, shot the imp, and just for kiks, turned on god mode and hopped down the shaft for a look (after i beat the game)

It was funny to hear Bertuger's looping-laughing, and funnier to see the imp go in after me ;)

Heh stepping backwards from an imp in Caverns 2 and falling through the platform panel that had fallen out when the imp teleported in.

Amaster said:

At one point you come accross a scientist in a cramped area with some machinery, including a crusher. He was in my way so I tried to circle around him and got whomped.

Crusher got me first time round, too. The bastard.
Aside from that, trying to simultaneously aim at eye level (z-secs) and the floor (fucking trites).

In the caverns where the wraith jumps down infront of you, i stepped back and fell through a missing tile in the floor that had fallen off earlier. lol