Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sambobbilly

10 years

reflecting on u doom veterens of the first doom, do u remember how it scared u, how things randomly jumped out at u. now compeare it to doom3. look how unreal it all becomes. doom really doesnt have the same effect as it did back then does it. now think 10 years from now. a new doom is released (if they make a tradition out of this), its completeley revamped, new engine, monsters etc. now compare it to doom3, doom3's not the same is it.

ive been playing doom3 and trying to list out all the things that seem unrealistic in it compared to real life (thats the only thing i can compare it too) and ive spotted some quite unreal things through the way things move, react and stuff

its hard but have a look and list the little things that will make doom3 seem like doom in ten years (aside from the graphics)

sambobbilly said:

trying to list out all the things that seem unrealistic in it compared to real life

I guess you mean other than the fact it's about demons attacking a base on Mars?

I thought Doom III was 10 times scarier and more real than the first two Dooms, but maybe that's just me.

Verdale said:

I thought Doom III was 10 times scarier and more real than the first two Dooms, but maybe that's just me.

then each time a new doom is released then itll be 10 times scarier each time untill doom 43 will make u go as insane as the portal volenteers

Considering Doom I and II was about 0.00 scary, making Doom III 0.00 scary? So, even then, Doom 43 will be 0.00 scary.

I win.

Doom and Doom 2 didn't "scare" me it did thrill me like adreniline but...I tell yuo what did scare me about Doom/Doom2 and it was a .wad file put out WAY back when like in 1994-95 back when the only way to get on the net where I lived was AOL and that was 3.99 an hour or some crap. My "rich" friend who was 10 years older than me and I was like 21ish then had AOL, so we would log on and download boat loads of .wad files from AOL or as many as we could in a couple hours while grill'n out steaks and smoke'n on one. We would then sit up all night till our eyes were blood shot playing the .wads and ending in a deathmatch between the 2 of us....after prolonged periods of telefragging each other when one or the other of us would piss each other off lol. Anyway back to what scare me...the .wad file was Alien TC I believe that was some fun fun playing now, I really enjoyed that game the dehacked stuff was really awesome. Doom 3 made me jump a couple times and made me a little creeped out, but that Alien TC mod made me just as creeped out...plus I guess it's because I don't smoke out anymore and back then I did while playing Alien TC so that could have had some effect on the mood heh.

P.S. We would do that everyday for like a week or more straight, he'd call in from his control room job at a power plant and we'd veg out on steaks Dr Pepper and smoke and play Doom till all you could sleep and dream about was fighting lol.

P.S.S. I've had the nick ZiGZaG since way back then, can you guess how I got the name? it's worth 10,000 points.

ZiGZaG said:

P.S.S. I've had the nick ZiGZaG since way back then, can you guess how I got the name? it's worth 10,000 points.

I guess you managed to cross the zigzag way in E1M1 very fast. That, or you just ran around zigzagish after having smoked too much crack. (or both)

@sambobbilly: I think you mean what "flaws" Doom 3 could reveal when being compared to a hypothetic Doom 4 in 2014? Well, we will have even more realistic characters and maybe the sky texture won´t be a texture but an animated movie or something. And there will be hyperrealistic water/slime in Doom4. Doom3 doesn´t have water at all and the slime doesn´t look too good.

Deathmatcher said:

I guess you managed to cross the zigzag way in E1M1 very fast. That, or you just ran around zigzagish after having smoked too much crack. (or both)

Wrong, it was because that's all I would use for papers...and btw I never touched crack or any other chemical substance like that...I only had a brief habit with some smoke during my late teens early 20's.
Plus playing deathmatch against my friends on a lan back then with doom they said I zigzag'd to much and they could never hit me. I'm not that good now, now I"m just old and rusty.

ZiGZaG said:

Plus playing deathmatch against my friends on a lan back then with doom they said I zigzag'd to much and they could never hit me. I'm not that good now, now I"m just old and rusty.

So it had something to do with running zigzag in Doom. Can I get 5.000 points then?

Deathmatcher said:

So it had something to do with running zigzag in Doom. Can I get 5.000 points then?

Yes you can! You now have a score of 5,000 points... would you trade it all for what's behind door number 1 2 or 3?

Deathmatcher said:

@sambobbilly: I think you mean what "flaws" Doom 3 could reveal when being compared to a hypothetic Doom 4 in 2014? Well, we will have even more realistic characters and maybe the sky texture won´t be a texture but an animated movie or something. And there will be hyperrealistic water/slime in Doom4. Doom3 doesn´t have water at all and the slime doesn´t look too good.

exactly, at least someone understands

ok this is goin round in circles ffs.

im trying to inspire u lot to reveal flaws that we would think unrealistic comparing it to a hypothetical doom 4 (realese date 2014). look at stuff like the way things and creatures move. and the way things talk etc.

get it now?

It's hard to say. After all, this game does take place in the future, so how will we know, say, the weapons recoil will be like? etc.

Get my point?