Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Classic-er Gameplay for Doom 3

We were informed of a new project that has sprung up recently to re-create the entirety of the first episode of the original Doom in the Doom 3 engine. This Classic Doom for Doom 3 project will feature the original levels touched up with Doom 3 prefabs as well as gameplay adjustments that are aimed to provide an experience somewhat more alike to the originals by tuning weapons, monsters, movement, etc. Screenshots for an early version of the E1M1 replacement are available for your perusal.

It looks cool but i'd rather see episode 2 or 3 recreated in doom3. It's good to see that they aren't stealing the original doom textures like some other projects are.

I'd rather PREFABs, because the original Doom PREFABS was PREFABS, much more than PREFABS. Most PREFABS PREFABS, all PREFABS like a PREFABS PREFABS PREBABS. Of course it's all PREFABS.

It looks good so far. I'd go out and buy Doom 3 to play this, except my system can't run it because I'm on Win98 still.

I've seen better remakes of this map for UT2k4...

Why couldn't they have made textures that resembled the originals?

The quality really varies on this thing. Also, it's much easier to see some of the game's graphical flaws with such high light intensity. I don't know what quality this guy's playing his Doom 3 at, but I've never seen it look THIS bad.

I haven't actually looked at the map in the editor, but it doesn't seem he is using area culling...

For a map so small, I was getting terrible fps because of this.

Or if I'm wrong, make fun of me.

Epyo said:

I haven't actually looked at the map in the editor, but it doesn't seem he is using area culling...

For a map so small, I was getting terrible fps because of this.

Or if I'm wrong, make fun of me.

take a look at the screenshot of the editor-map, the entire level is set in a hollow box. From the looks of it, I am assuming this guy doesn't know how to fix leaks..

That's very interesting! I'd love to see the true DOOMy gameplay in DOOM 3. It should be possible to attune the monsters and weapons to create DOOM's gameplay style.

I think it looks like crap.
Still nice to see it be done though...

Anyone heard of that F.E.A.R. game? Looks and sounds very nice...

It look a bit bland, but apart from that, it's good. Let's just hope ID don't pull the plug on that one...

I agree that it looks like crap. Not to offend the authors, but this isn't even remotely up to par with the design of either of Doom or Doom 3.